All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Re: #3 - Sauteed Beets and Greens new
      #185862 - 06/12/05 01:24 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Yum. I mean seriously yum, yum, yum! The greens are delicious and the roasting beets brings out their sweetness. I eat this all the time when my grandmother's beets are popping up. I just skip the shallot/oil--a personal trigger.
I use a little Nakano seasoned rice vinegar, or fresh lemon/lime juice and zest, or balsalmic vinegar, and fresh herbs. Dijon mustard is nice, too. I've even dressed the wilted greens with fatfree zesty Italian. This is great cold with a little grain--the more ancient ones accompany it better, i.e quinoa or millet.

Thanks, Casey.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Basic Roasted Beets new
      #185863 - 06/12/05 01:26 PM
Wind

True enough, Casey. One word of warning, wear rubber or latex gloves--you'll look like an axe murderess for a few days if you don't.

Re: #1 - Shredded Beet and Carrot Salad new
      #185865 - 06/12/05 01:31 PM
Wind

My grandmother makes something like this, except she cooks the beets, first and then grates them. Ditto for the carrots. It's great in a sandwich or wrap or your homemade chapati recipe--I tried it out a few weeks ago with rice flour. It's sort of a cooked slaw the way she makes it. Note re: cinnamon. Cinnamon is really good on beets.

Re: #2 - Beet Dip new
      #185867 - 06/12/05 01:34 PM
Wind

I do this with dijon mustard instead of horseradish and skip the garlic, oil and nuts--substituting a little broth and a little balsalmic vinegar, sage and dill. We eat this for Easter brunch every year.

Hahaha... new
      #185885 - 06/12/05 03:23 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

That was why the recipe/directions recommended using towels to peel the beets, but yeah... gloves are an excellent idea. (I never worry about looking like a murderess... my hairdyeing messes have already taken care of that one! )

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 95 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 8711

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review