All Boards >> IBS Recipes

View all threads Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
What's Cooking? - Week of 05/30/05
      #182226 - 05/31/05 12:15 PM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

This week I'm going to try Kree's Grilled Chicken Satay. I'm a little a'scart with the curry (so far the 2 recipes I've ever tried with curry powder I didn't like), but they look so good, and the rest of the ingredients sound yummy, so I'm going to give it a go. Wish me luck!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: What's Cooking? - Week of 05/30/05 new
      #182298 - 05/31/05 03:18 PM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

Ooh, Melissa, I hope it works out for you! Feel free to reduce the curry as you see fit, there are plenty of other great flavors in the marinade.

I'm going to try Better than Heyshey's Syrup this week. I've been craving something chocolatey on my soy ice cream and this looks like just the thing!

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

#182313 - 05/31/05 04:26 PM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

I'm going to make LittleMinnie's Biscuits and Gravy. Yum!

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

#182721 - 06/01/05 07:51 PM
steather

Reged: 01/29/03
Loc: Phoenix, AZ

So I finally get to participate! Tomorrow I am making Rachel's Chicken Stuffed Shells. I have had the ingredients for quite some time now, but am just now getting around to making them! (It's hard finding motivation to cook fancy meals for myself I need to get a non-picky roomate or a boyfriend!!)

--------------------
Heather

"Quod me Nutrit me Destruit"

#182797 - 06/02/05 05:46 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Ok! Things got hectic last week and I didn't get to participate after all... but this week (tonight!) I'm going to make Kree's orange marmalade marinade for grilled chicken. Sounds like a winner to me, but we shall see!

#182885 - 06/02/05 10:09 AM
Sheri01

Reged: 04/19/04
Loc: New Jersey

I never had a chance to make Lemon Asparagus Pasta the other week when I posted it, but I have all the ingredients and tools, and it IS getting cooked tonight!

--------------------
-Sheri

#182902 - 06/02/05 11:17 AM
steather

Reged: 01/29/03
Loc: Phoenix, AZ

Hehe, Sheri, I made the lemon asparagus pasta last week. I call it my "Makes me go pasta". And with all the leftovers, it makes me regular for a week!

--------------------
Heather

"Quod me Nutrit me Destruit"

#182924 - 06/02/05 11:59 AM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

Casey- I made this last week and it was so good we had it again last night. I hope you like it. I've only had it on salmon so let me know how the chicken it. Btw, I made your breakfast orange muffins Tuesday with dried cranberries.(btw Melissa the link on the recipe index doesn't take you to the recipe) I'll wait for the results thread to post what I thought but let me hint at mmmmmmmmmmm .

I was also going to make Shell's ZESTY MEXICAN CHICKEN but I'm not sure I will get to it since I can't remember to pull the chicken out of the freezer to defrost. I also have to make a macaroni salad for my father-in-laws birthday so I was going to try to make Kree's recipe for Super Easy Pasta Salad

Cool! new
      #182992 - 06/02/05 03:25 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Kree's pasta salad was a HUGE hit here - it's the only way I make pasta salad now! I vary the veggies I put in, but the dressing combination is genius. I think you'll like it!

#182993 - 06/02/05 03:25 PM
Kandee

Reged: 05/22/03
Loc: USA, Southern California

Quote:

I never had a chance to make Lemon Asparagus Pasta the other week when I posted it, but I have all the ingredients and tools, and it IS getting cooked tonight!

I've found I'm addicted to this stuff and make it about twice a month. Since I eat GF I use the Tinkyada brand rice Penne pasta, and not the full amount of pasta called for since I'm the only one that eats it. (I don't reduce the other ingredients though.) Make sure you have ONLY the zest of the lemon..getting any of the white in there will make it bitter tasting. Kandee

--------------------

#183043 - 06/02/05 05:27 PM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

Quote:

(btw Melissa the link on the recipe index doesn't take you to the recipe)

Thanks Heidi! I think that's the one you emailed me about before. I can't remember, but I just checked the file I emailed last to Heather and it's fixed. (Poor Heather - I emailed it to her a month ago, and she hasn't had time to update it. Whenever I send her the latest recipe index file, I feel guilty for giving her more work! )

Re: Cool! new
      #183145 - 06/03/05 07:45 AM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

Quote:

Kree's pasta salad was a HUGE hit here - it's the only way I make pasta salad now! I vary the veggies I put in, but the dressing combination is genius. I think you'll like it!

Woohoo! I feel the same way. It's interesting how something so simple can make sure a huge difference.

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

#183440 - 06/04/05 07:17 AM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

I thought that I had emailed you about it but I couldn't remember. I had even printed the recipe off prior but I forgot and printed it again. I found it in with my other recipes after I made the muffins. I guess I really wanted to make it lol. Sorry for the double reminder.

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 319 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5002

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review