All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Help! Key Lime Pie
      #181825 - 05/28/05 09:58 PM
Rich5371

Reged: 05/28/05

Hello, I've just started dating this really terrific, wonderful woman who suffers from IBS. She would like Key Lime Pie for her birthday, I'm a gourmet chef and have no problems making a traditional Key Lime Pie, anyone have any idea how I can make one that will not trigger her symptoms?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Help! Key Lime Pie new
      #181842 - 05/29/05 05:57 AM
AmandaPanda, J.D.

Reged: 04/26/04
Loc: New York, New York

I have no idea about the pie, but you should be nominated BOYFRIEND OF THE YEAR. Seriously, that's so nice of you.

As for the pie -- as you surely know, traditional keylime pie has oodles of egg yolk in it.
Take a look around our recipe archive and see if there is anything you can work with. I think maybe if you make an IBS-safe crust, and then fill it with a modified version of this Lemon Soymilk Pudding Recipe here, but made with lime instead, it could be close. I am also wondering if you could pick up a packet of lime jello and get creative ...

Please let us know if you figure anything out!
Good luck.

--------------------
Amanda

I live in the Big Apple, but I don't eat the skin

found these on the internet new
      #181850 - 05/29/05 07:31 AM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0820/is_1999_July/ai_54963161
http://recipes.ksl.com/recipe-6825i.php
http://southernfood.about.com/od/keylimepies/r/bl30409x.htm

Just substitute soy milk and cream cheese for the regular. Get a brand that sets up in pudding- ask Casey. Also for evaporated milk- hmmm maybe reduce some soy milk or ?

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

#181851 - 05/29/05 08:01 AM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

these are ibs safe and from the boards...

http://www.helpforibs.com/messageboards/ubbthreads/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=recipe&Number=75133&page=33&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&vc=1

--------------------

Try this! new
      #181870 - 05/29/05 10:39 AM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

Here's one I absolutely love! It's a little high in fat, but other than that it's totally safe. It didn't bother me at all, and it's so rich it's almost more like a key lime cheesecake!

Great Key Lime Pie

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

Thanks Ashley new
      #181895 - 05/29/05 05:19 PM
Rich5371

Reged: 05/28/05

Thanks, this is the best one I've found so far. I'll be making it tonight, I'll let everyone know how it turns out.

Rich

Rich--here's a photo! new
      #182051 - 05/30/05 04:18 PM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

If you want to see a photo of the key lime pie here it is! It's not a great photo, but it's the best I have. The pie actually looks a LOT greener in reality.

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

#182515 - 06/01/05 10:48 AM
Saveena

Reged: 11/22/04
Loc: Texas

Thank you to everyone who helped Rich make a delicious birthday pie for me! I agree, he should be nominated for boyfriend of the year... in fact, I'm sending in the registration now! ;-) He's a fantastic guy!

Seriously, the pie turned out wonderfully!

~ Lisa

--------------------
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!

Oh good! new
      #184164 - 06/07/05 06:22 AM
Sheri01

Reged: 04/19/04
Loc: New Jersey

Glad to hear that you liked it ! I will probably be trying it myself sometime soon!

--------------------
-Sheri

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 80 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3097

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review