All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)
What's Cooking? - Week of 5/23/05 - RESULTS!
      #181025 - 05/24/05 06:43 PM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

This week I tried Kree's Crockpot Garlic Brown Sugar Chicken. OMG - it was SOOOOO GOOOOD!!!! I could smell it before I even opened the door - my mouth was watering till Mikey came over and we could finally eat! LOL We both loved it!! Kree, you rock!!!!

BTW - for those wanting to know, my new toy worked great! I had it cook for 8 hours on low, then it switched over to "warm". I liked it, because sometimes (at least in my slowcooker) if I cook chicken breasts too long, they get dry. They came out perfect! Oh, and if anyone does get this also - the instructions say to set your model first. At first I thought it wasn't working, because I hit the button for this, but nothing was happening. I actually had to hit "cook time" first, and then it let me choose my crockpot model, so the instructions were a little backwards.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: What's Cooking? - Week of 5/23/05 - RESULTS! new
      #181030 - 05/24/05 06:47 PM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

I made Little Minnie's Junior Mint Brownies tonight and they were very yummy! I used soy margarine instead of the applesauce. I was wondering though to cut the fat down even more could I do 2 tablespoons of soy margarine and part applesauce. If so how much applesauce would I use? I think these are my new favorite treat!

#181083 - 05/25/05 07:05 AM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

We had Orange Marmalade Marinade for Salmon and we loved it. I bought 1 lb of salmon which is usually enough for the 4 of us. Well my husband went looking for more salmon and said he loved the marinade. It is defiantly a keeper. Meike didn't like the salmon but only becuase it was crispy. I broiled it and I thought it was perfect. She just has an adversion to anything crispy. Strange child lol. Well, I'm being paged so I'll end here. Thanks Kree.

#181099 - 05/25/05 08:25 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Quote:

I made Little Minnie's Junior Mint Brownies tonight and they were very yummy! I used soy margarine instead of the applesauce. I was wondering though to cut the fat down even more could I do 2 tablespoons of soy margarine and part applesauce. If so how much applesauce would I use? I think these are my new favorite treat!

Oh, this sounds soooo good. FYI the link does not work...but I did a search and found it anyway Little Minnie's Junior Mint Brownies

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

#181159 - 05/25/05 11:53 AM
Kandee

Reged: 05/22/03
Loc: USA, Southern California

Quote:

Quote:

Oh, this sounds soooo good. FYI the link does not work...but I did a search and found it anyway Little Minnie's Junior Mint Brownies

Ohmygoodness..yes it does..dang and I just went to the store....well, better go back to get some peppermint patties! Kandee

--------------------

#181201 - 05/25/05 01:16 PM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

Is 1/4 cup the same as 4 tablespoons? If so then you could use 2 tablespoons of each. I'm going to have to try these but I too just went to the store. Maybe next week. I'm so disorgainized lately I'll be lucky if I remember to buy them at all.

#181241 - 05/25/05 04:24 PM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

Melissa and Heidi, I'm so glad you both liked the recipes! Those are two of my favorites... good choices!

Melissa, thanks for the update about your new toy. I'll have to look into getting one of those! So when it's on warming mode it's still warm enough to kill any bacteria, I take it? My mother raised me to be pretty anal about food that's left out too long, so I just want to make sure!

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

#181249 - 05/25/05 04:36 PM
*Melissa*

Definitely! I had to suffer for 2 hours smelling it before Mikey got here, and it was on warm by the time I got home! LOL And it came out steaming.

I'm anal about that kind of stuff too. I think it kinda works like a rice cooker or bread machine when it switches to warm.

Teehee new
      #181253 - 05/25/05 04:49 PM
steather

Reged: 01/29/03
Loc: Phoenix, AZ

Ok, to an outsider who didn't read the rest of the thread, this message would be hilarious! "New toy?" on "warming mode"? Hehe, wow, didn't know the recipe board could get so racy

But, in all seriousness, this does look like a very handy gadget!!

--------------------
Heather

"Quod me Nutrit me Destruit"

Re: Teehee new
      #181260 - 05/25/05 05:08 PM
*Melissa*

LOL - too funny!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 366 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 12891

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review