All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
What's Cooking? - Week of 05/23/05
      #180778 - 05/23/05 11:24 AM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

I know, I haven't even posted my results from last week yet, and here I am committing to a new recipe for this week! LOL (I'll be back with the bread results later...haven't had a chance to try it yet.)

Tomorrow I plan on making (finally!) Kree's Crockpot Garlic Brown Sugar Chicken. I can't wait! I've been DYING to make this recipe for a long time. Planning on having it with rice and beets for me and green beans (blech!) for Mikey!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: What's Cooking? - Week of 05/23/05 new
      #180785 - 05/23/05 12:24 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Okay, well this week I'm planning to make TessLouise's Immune Boosting Pasta for lunch (my immune system needs CPR! ).

And I'm also planning to make Shrimp Risotto (when I've been shopping to get the shrimp).

And at the w/e I'll probably be trying Bev's Linguine Pesto .

Can you tell I'm bored with my diet?

#180796 - 05/23/05 12:58 PM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

White Sauce and Wild Mushroom Pasta Bake for me. I'm going to take a guess and bake it at 350 degrees. Also, I'll use regular mushrooms - wild mushrooms just don't taste that different to me. Food heresy, I know.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

#180799 - 05/23/05 01:25 PM
*Melissa*

Wow Linz! When you decide to partipate, you go all out, don't ya?

I want to try Bev's pesto also - I miss pesto so much!! I just bought a basil plant yesterday, so I may be trying this one soon also. Can't wait to see how you like it.

#180800 - 05/23/05 01:28 PM
*Melissa*

Ha Sand! Every time I asked my mom what temp to cook something she's made, she ALWAYS says 350! She said she cooks everything at 350. That just reminded me of her. Thanks for the great thought!

#180804 - 05/23/05 02:14 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hi guys!

Well, as today is a holiday here I thought I would do some cooking now that I finally have some time!!
I am either going to make the Lemon sticky bread, or the mocha chocolate chip muffins.. Mmmm...
I want stuff I can take to work with me.

I am also thinking about making something for dinner tonight from the boards that I'll have enough left overs to feed Adrian tomorrow and that I can take to work with me as well, but I haven't decided what I will make yet.

I miss pesto too, maybe I'll have a look at that recipe, mm...

Cheers!
--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

#180808 - 05/23/05 02:43 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I will FINALLY be trying Bev's bourbon chicken... but not till Saturday. This is going to be another busy week for me, so I'm not sure how much cooking I'm going to end up doing. If I try anything else, I'll be sure to post!

#180811 - 05/23/05 03:11 PM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

350 degrees must be a Mom thing. My mother always said the same.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

#180812 - 05/23/05 03:35 PM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

Lol, it's true, I cook almost everything it 350 too. It's just a great temperature.

I'm going to have to opt out again this week. I've been so busy with the end of the school year coming, plus tomorrow after work I'm driving out to the middle of nowhere to meet a friend for dinner. She's in the state from Michigan, and this is the only place we could find that's somewhere in between the two of us. Lol. I'll try to make something again next week!

Melissa, I hope you like the chicken!

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

D'oh! I am so stupid!! new
      #180821 - 05/23/05 03:53 PM
Stephie

So I just made the mocha chocolate chip muffins, and they are in the oven. As I was putting stuff away, I realised that I forgot to put the cocoa powder in!! By then, they had already been in for a few minutes so I just left them... I hope they still turn out okay!!

I used some mint chocolate chips that we had instead of plain, and I may have used a few extra.. hee hee. Hopefully they'll be yummy.

I'll let you know how they turn out!!
--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

#180828 - 05/23/05 04:56 PM
*Melissa*

Sand & Kree - that's too funny about the 350! LOL

Kree, I am so excited to try that recipe not only because it's always gotten such rave reviews, but I finally get to play with my new toy! I love kitchen gadgets!

Good luck on your dinner out in the middle of nowhere tomorrow!

Re: D'oh! I am so stupid!! new
      #180829 - 05/23/05 04:59 PM
*Melissa*

Ha! I do stuff like that ALL the time! One time I made the chocolate applesauce cake and couldn't figure out why the batter looked funny...I forgot the cocoa, and it was light. THAT's why it looked funny! Luckily, I remembered just before I poured it into the pan, so I was able to sneak it in.

I can't wait to see how your muffins came out! LOL

Hmm...well... new
      #180832 - 05/23/05 05:08 PM
Stephie

So I just tried one of the muffins and it was... well, it was edible!!
Okay, so first I forgot the cocoa and so that wasn't too clever!
After that, though, I used those little paper cups inside the muffin tins because my muffin tins have DEFINITELY seen better days and I wouldn't put anything straight into them these days. Anywho, next time I will get new tins and use them, greased because the muffins stuck A LOT to the paper, and pulled off about a 1/4 of the muffin on the bottom.
I think I may have overcooked them a bit as well (even though I only left them in half an hour and it said 30-40 mins) because the top was really hard.. My Dad called them 'Rubber Muffins' .
So the top wasn't good, the bottom got torn off BUT the middle tasted fine, hee hee.
The mint chocolate chips were yummy and gave them more flavour.

I would try to make them again, but make the changes. The taste is nice, but only the very middle is good. I'll still eat them, I'm not too picky.. but for someone who can just go grab a muffin at Starbucks, they aren't too popular.

Cheers!!
--Steph

--------------------
IBS-D,pain.

Try... new
      #180834 - 05/23/05 06:13 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

...the foil muffin tin liners. Low-fat muffins will almost always stick to the paper ones, but they come right off the foil ones - and that's a LOT easier than washing those darn pans!

New toy! new
      #180842 - 05/23/05 07:16 PM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

Melissa, what a neat new toy! I've never even heard of those. You'll have to let me know how it works!

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

Re: New toy! new
      #180888 - 05/24/05 06:28 AM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

Yes, let us know how it works.

Re: D'oh! I am so stupid!! new
      #180890 - 05/24/05 06:42 AM
torbetta

Been there done that lol. I forgot sugar one time when I made a cake and then another time I added baking soda instead of baking powder. I have also left baking soda completely out one time. I find I do that when I'm rushing and going out of order with the list of ingredients. Of course it doesn't help either when your being paged by a little one .

#180899 - 05/24/05 07:49 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Quote:

Sand & Kree - that's too funny about the 350! LOL

Kree, I am so excited to try that recipe not only because it's always gotten such rave reviews, but I finally get to play with my new toy! I love kitchen gadgets! Oh, VERY cool toy!! I'm gonna get one... it will work with my brand!! My Mom got me a outlet timmer for Christmas for my stocking that I asked for....but there was not way to tell it WHEN to start cooking and if at high or low...this is GREAT!!

Good luck on your dinner out in the middle of nowhere tomorrow!

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

#180992 - 05/24/05 03:40 PM
torbetta

We had salmon tonight and I finally had all the ingredients for Kree's Orange Marmalade Marinade for Salmon

#181000 - 05/24/05 04:43 PM
LindsayK

Reged: 04/15/05
Loc: Austin, TX

Thought i'd get in on all this recipe action. My SO just got back into the country and he's the cook in this house.

Tonight he's trying to modify a Tempeh Chili recipe and later in the week we'll be having Rachel Ray's Harvest Turkey Burgers

Glad to join in this board finally. I've gotten lots of great recipes!

--------------------
Lins

#181027 - 05/24/05 06:45 PM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

I am making Little Minnie's Junior Mint Brownies tonight I can't wait! I love the combo of the two!

#181676 - 05/27/05 03:55 PM
melitami

Reged: 02/23/04
Loc: Ewing, NJ, USA (IBS-D, Vegetarian)

I'm going to make Kree's Lemon Meringue Pie , but not really....Mac (my bf) wants a key lime pie, so I'm going to make a graham cracker crust (like from Heather's 5-minute pumpkin pie) and make the lemon meringue pie filling, just using key lime juice insted, and no meringue. So we'll see how that works, making it tonight.

--------------------
Melissa
Friendship is thicker than blood. ~Rent

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 444 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 11459

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review