All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Indonesian Ginger Chicken
      #180237 - 05/20/05 03:41 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

This recipe is from my mom... I *think* it's a Barefoot Contessa recipe... at any rate, she made this when I was visiting last week, and it's SO GOOD!

When my mom made it, she made a pan of skinless boneless chicken breasts (and a pan of thighs, for everyone else). I would use bone-in breasts, skin removed; they don't seem to dry out as much in baking.

1 cup honey
¾ cup soy sauce
¼ cup minced garlic
½ cup peeled and grated fresh ginger root
2 chickens (3-1/2 pound each) quartered

Cook the honey, soy sauce, garlic and ginger root in a small saucepan over low heat just until honey is melted. Arrange the chicken in a large shallow baking pan, skin side down, and pour on the sauce. Cover the pan tightly with aluminum foil. Marinate overnight in the refrigerator.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Place the baking pan in the oven and bake for ½ hour. Uncover the pan, turn the chicken skin side up, and raise the temperature to 375 degrees. Continue baking for 30 minutes or until the juices run clear.

Also, since the pan with the breasts in it had very little in the way of fat/grease, she used the cooked marinade and juices as a sauce for steamed rice. Obviously, don't do this if you have mixed chicken parts in the same pan - the fat from the thighs and skin would make it unsafe for IBS'ers.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Indonesian Ginger Chicken new
      #180295 - 05/20/05 08:19 AM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

Your mom is awesome! Thanks for posting this recipe along with some extra cooking tips. Sounds DELICIOUS! I can't wait to try it.

What is a "Barefoot Contessa" recipe? (Sounds delicious.) -nt- new
      #180375 - 05/20/05 12:04 PM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Re: What is a "Barefoot Contessa" recipe? (Sounds delicious.) new
      #180380 - 05/20/05 12:51 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Barefoot Contessa is one of the shows on Food Network

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

#180415 - 05/20/05 03:03 PM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

Thanks. The Food Channel is pretty much unknown territory for me.

Oh, and Shell Marr, I made your crunchy tuna, macaroni, apple salad to take to a party at my sister-in-law's last weekend. It was a big hit with every single one of the women there. It was pretty funny, though - I don't think any of the men even tried it. (Except my DH, who loves it.) I guess it didn't look "masculine" enough - it was in competition with a potato salad swimming in mayo and topped with sliced hard-boiled eggs.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Wow! I can't wait to try this -nt- new
      #180476 - 05/21/05 09:50 AM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

#180486 - 05/21/05 11:25 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Quote:

Thanks. The Food Channel is pretty much unknown territory for me. No problem....

Oh, and Shell Marr, I made your crunchy tuna, macaroni, apple salad to take to a party at my sister-in-law's last weekend. It was a big hit with every single one of the women there. It was pretty funny, though - I don't think any of the men even tried it. (Except my DH, who loves it.) I guess it didn't look "masculine" enough - it was in competition with a potato salad swimming in mayo and topped with sliced hard-boiled eggs. That is soooo funny!! I'll see what happens this summer...I plan to make it the BBQ we have or go to.

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Wow, that's a lot of garlic. Is that right? -nt- new
      #180500 - 05/21/05 02:36 PM
Passanie

Reged: 04/28/04
Loc: Fresno, CA

Yep, sure is! new
      #180520 - 05/21/05 05:16 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

If you're afraid of that much garlic (and that's ok!), cut it down to a tablespoon or two, but on that amount of chicken - and the fact that the "marinade" doesn't thicken up and really stick to the meat - it's really not too much.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 619 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2310

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review