All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
What's Cooking? - Week of 5/16/05 - RESULTS!
      #180202 - 05/19/05 07:13 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Everyone post your "What's Cooking" results here!

I still think I may try something else this week, but for now, I made chocolate frosting for a cake. It was ok. The texture is good, but it's not very chocolatey at all - I would increase the cocoa for sure, maybe even double it.

Also, for reference, I halved the recipe, and it made just enough icing to put a *thin* (less than 1/4" thick) layer on a 9" square cake.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: What's Cooking? - Week of 5/16/05 - RESULTS! new
      #180272 - 05/20/05 06:46 AM
Sheri01

Reged: 04/19/04
Loc: New Jersey

Well, I made the Mock-tuna salad
I was doubtful at first, but it turned out great! I used half a block of LightLife Tempeh. I had to add more tamari (well, soy sauce, I read they are about the same... ? )
because it was too dry, but prolly cause I used so much tempeh. It did look gross, very yellow, but had the texture of tuna salad. Tasted very tempehishy, so if you are not really into tempeh you would not like it. I have not run into many people that like it (of those that heard of it ) It does seem to have a little of a bitter taste to it. May use the rest of my tempeh block to make tacos.

--------------------
-Sheri

Have you ever tried.... new
      #180320 - 05/20/05 09:13 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

mock tuna salad made with coarsely mashed chickpeas? There might be a recipe for it on here, but if not, I'm sure there's one on fatfree.com and VegWeb. I was definitely doubtful, but it really tastes like tuna!

Re: Have you ever tried.... new
      #180326 - 05/20/05 09:23 AM
Sheri01

Reged: 04/19/04
Loc: New Jersey

I'll have to try it! AS I was looking for the original recipe post to link to in this thread I happened across one posted by Kree... I love chickpeas, maybe I will try it soon.

--------------------
-Sheri

#180345 - 05/20/05 10:21 AM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

Casey I found a great chocolate frosting recipe that I have to post. I made cupcakes for Maddie for school and I made this frosting. It was amazing. Remind me to post it.

#180404 - 05/20/05 02:15 PM
zebras

Reged: 04/15/05
Loc: Vermont

I made Better Than Hershey's Syrup today. It certainly lived up to its name! I haven't tried it in milk or on a dessert yet, but I could hardly stop eating it out of the pan. Yum! Here's the link: Better Than Hershey's Syrup

#180647 - 05/22/05 12:04 PM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

I made SharonMello's IBS Peppermint Fudge Cake Revised for Weight Watchers. In the interest of full disclosure, I used 2 5x9 loaf pans instead of the bundt pan called for in the recipe. In retrospect, I should have used just 1 loaf pan - I ended up with 2 very, very short cakes.The cake was done in 25 minutes. I don't think this error affected the flavor, but just so you know. Anyhow...

The first time I made this cake I made it just the way Heather said to in EFI. It was way too peppermint-y for me and for my DH.
The second time, I made Heather's EFI recipe, but cut the peppermint extract from 1 Tablespoon to 1 teaspoon. I could really taste the applesauce, so that didn't work.
Now, I've tried this variation by SharonMello. I don't taste the applesauce nor do I taste the prunes, and the texture is wonderful, but it doesn't taste chocolate-y to me or to my DH.

I'm not sure where I'm going to go with this. I'm considering trying SharonMello's variation again, but increasing the cocoa powder and maybe substituting canola oil for some of the applesauce. On the other hand, maybe this cake just isn't for me and I should give up.

My DH says, "Three strikes and you're out."

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Heidi's reminder to post frosting recipe! -nt- new
      #180648 - 05/22/05 12:05 PM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

#180659 - 05/22/05 01:43 PM
Passanie

Reged: 04/28/04
Loc: Fresno, CA

Have you tried it with almond extract? That is also very yummy.

#180734 - 05/23/05 06:55 AM
melitami

Reged: 02/23/04
Loc: Ewing, NJ, USA (IBS-D, Vegetarian)

I made Kree's Vanilla Soy Ice Cream with rice milk on Saturday night, didn't really get to try it until last night....but it's really good! Very vanilla-y, but still tasty, and my bf liked it as well, which is always my test since he can it the regular versions of things!

--------------------
Melissa
Friendship is thicker than blood. ~Rent

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1119 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4400

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review