All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
What's Cooking?-Week of 5/9/05- RESULTS!
      #177898 - 05/10/05 05:32 AM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

I made Casey's Chicken Chow Mein/Chop Suey last night and it was great! My Dh loved it and we have leftovers today for lunch. That always is a plus!!!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: What's Cooking?-Week of 5/9/05- RESULTS! new
      #177924 - 05/10/05 07:22 AM
MCV

Reged: 01/04/05
Loc: Manchester, NH

Too funny - I made this last night too! It was very good!

--------------------
>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<
Michelle
IBS-A, pain predominant

#177928 - 05/10/05 07:30 AM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

And I was thinking about making that one!! LOL

#178211 - 05/11/05 08:20 AM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

The tunaburgers were really easy and good. We liked them. I had dry bread crumbs so I used them. I think there is probable a difference because the burgers were a little dry. I probable should have cut back on the breadcrumbs. Boy is it hard to type with a baby reaching for things lol.

#178226 - 05/11/05 08:52 AM
Angela E.

Shell's Turkey Meatloaf is such a favorite in our house! It is a easy quick hit every time!!!!

#178427 - 05/12/05 05:34 AM
Angela E.

Shell's Balsamic Chicken was soo good! I love this recipe and so does hubby!

#178666 - 05/12/05 09:36 PM
Passanie

Reged: 04/28/04
Loc: Fresno, CA

I made Heather's cinnamon zucchini bread. Brought one of the loaves into work and my boss's boss had some and loved it! Sucking up to the boss with IBS food - I love it!

#178695 - 05/13/05 06:02 AM
Angela E.

I had to bring breakfast to work this morning and since every Friday there is never anything for me to eat I decided to make this Sunday Brunch Casserole I made both of them with garden veggie eggbeaters and soy milk and then made one with real cheese and the other with veggie cheese. I also added some gralic seasoning to give it some flavor. I used turkey bacon also. I used the garden veggie eggbeater because I was to lazy to cut up veggies for it! They both came out really good and I got a lot of compliments from my co workers about how good they were!

Re: Easy Saffron Rice - RESULTS! new
      #178772 - 05/13/05 09:28 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

I made Shell's Easy Saffron Rice. When I took the first few bites, I thought something was missing - I'm not sure what - but as I ate more, I really liked it. It's very different and very good.

Changes:
I used 1 Tablespoon of canola oil instead of the butter the recipe specified or the Pam Shell used. Next time I'll use either olive oil and Shell's butter-flavored Pam. The recipe would be even better with a little flavor from fat.

I used chicken broth and plain old Uncle Ben's rice.

BTW, I did get up the ambition to make my aunt's saffron rice recipe. Hers called for whole cloves which I was sure I had, but once I started the recipe I found out I didn't. I substituted ground cloves and went way overboard - the recipe just tasted like cloves. I'll try it again later and if it's any good, I'll post it.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

#178995 - 05/14/05 11:11 AM
melitami

Reged: 02/23/04
Loc: Ewing, NJ, USA (IBS-D, Vegetarian)

Ok so I signed up to make Lemon Basil Carrots ....when I went to make them for lunch today (I haven't been home much all week, it's been crazy), the basil has mysteriously disappeared from the spice shelf, and I can't find it. Of course, the carrots were already steaming, and I'd mixed the lemon juice and the garlic already. So I took some yummy honey mustard, mixed it in with the lemon juice and garlic, and poured it over the carrots when they were done. I'm eating them for lunch over pasta with a bit of rosemary right now, and they're tasty!

--------------------
Melissa
Friendship is thicker than blood. ~Rent

#179233 - 05/16/05 06:01 AM
Sheri01

Reged: 04/19/04
Loc: New Jersey

Well, I did get a chance to make Casey'sOrange Juice Pancakes and they turned out great!
For some reason, though, the batter tasted orang-y (I used the full amount of juice), but the pancakes did not, but htey were still really good! I am not sure if I made a mistake, or if they are not supposed to taste orang-y, maybe the juice is supposed to be used as sweetener?
I used maple syrup on mine, BF loved them so much and said they had enough flavor that he ate them plain! I made them for our 'slumber party' I invited him over for, since he stays over on the weekends on Saturday night I made us the pancakes for dinner while wearing my pajamas and then we ate them and watched horror movies. Oh, and I served him a screwdriver, but I just had my white wine cause I knew the OJ and vodka would rip my tummy apart!

AND, I did not plan on making this originally, but on Sunday I made heather's All- American Sloppy Joes
Delicious! I bought TVP for the first time and was anxious to use it, and this was an excellent easy first time recipe!
My meat loving BF LOVED it! Tasted just like the real thing, I haven't had sloppy joes in ages! Oh, and mine sure was sloppy too! Plenty of leftovers for lunch for the week.

--------------------
-Sheri

#179248 - 05/16/05 07:16 AM
MCV

Reged: 01/04/05
Loc: Manchester, NH

I made Sharon's Chewy Chocolate Cookies yesterday. They came out very good. A cross between a cookie and a brownie - very yummy! Thanks, Sharon, for posting that!

--------------------
>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<
Michelle
IBS-A, pain predominant

#179271 - 05/16/05 08:15 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Quote:

Shell's Balsamic Chicken was soo good! I love this recipe and so does hubby!

Yah!! I'm glad you both liked it!!

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Re: Easy Saffron Rice - RESULTS! new
      #179273 - 05/16/05 08:16 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Quote:

I made Shell's Easy Saffron Rice. When I took the first few bites, I thought something was missing - I'm not sure what - but as I ate more, I really liked it. It's very different and very good.

Changes:
I used 1 Tablespoon of canola oil instead of the butter the recipe specified or the Pam Shell used. Next time I'll use either olive oil and Shell's butter-flavored Pam. The recipe would be even better with a little flavor from fat.

I used chicken broth and plain old Uncle Ben's rice. Oh, you GOTTA try it with basmati rice!!

BTW, I did get up the ambition to make my aunt's saffron rice recipe. Hers called for whole cloves which I was sure I had, but once I started the recipe I found out I didn't. I substituted ground cloves and went way overboard - the recipe just tasted like cloves. oh, no.... I'll try it again later and if it's any good, I'll post it. ok..

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Basmati next time! Thanks, Shell. -nt- new
      #179279 - 05/16/05 08:34 AM
Sand

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Maybe your basil eloped with my cloves! -nt- new
      #179280 - 05/16/05 08:35 AM
Sand

--------------------

#179529 - 05/17/05 06:33 AM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

Quote:

I made Sharon's Chewy Chocolate Cookies yesterday. They came out very good. A cross between a cookie and a brownie - very yummy! Thanks, Sharon, for posting that!

This is what I made also!!

They came out very good!! BF and I both loved them. Although one suggestion - I'd roll into the 1" balls instead of dropping. I dropped the first batch, and they didn't come out very pretty. (Before tasting, BF looked at them, looked at me, looked at them, looked at me then finally stated they look like poop! LOL Wouldn't have relayed this anywhere else, but since this was the IBS boards, thought it was pretty funny. ) They are very good just as they are, but to dress up even more, I think they could be sprinkled with a little powder sugar to be really pretty!

Definitely a keeper!!! Thanks Sharon, the original recipe goddess!

Oh, one more thing. I'm SUPER lazy when it comes to cookies, which is why I usually don't make them, only at Christmas. These were VERY easy, which I like. Went really fast.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 118 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 8439

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review