All Boards >> IBS Recipes

View all threads Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
What to do if cooking with these recipes is not an option?
      #176019 - 05/02/05 10:51 PM
Cinnamon

Reged: 05/02/05
Loc: Atlanta, Georgia

Hello y'all! I'm new here, just happened to find you on the 'net. I have physical problems which keep me from being able to do all the cooking required for these recipes. Does anyone have a suggestion? I need to be able to do quick and simple things. Thanks a lot, Cinnamon

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: What to do if cooking with these recipes is not an option? new
      #176030 - 05/03/05 12:41 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

There are lots of simple stuff on here too...EFI tends to be "special" stuff....Heather's new cookbook will be quicker recipes.

Do you mind saying why you have trouble cooking? I have Fibromyalgia and cooking can be hard sometimes. I've found a food processor is an ESSENTIAL item (and I love my dishwasher as now I don't have to fuss about whether I'll have the energy to wash up too! ). I also have alot of ready made stuff in the freezer for "bad" days - fish cakes, frozen peas, low-fat oven fries, veggie sausages, fish fillets, etc. All stuff that just needs bunging in the oven or microwave. And I like having plenty of canned tuna chunks, pasta sauce, etc in the cupboards too, so dinner can just be thrown together. Ready prepared veg can be very helpful too.

Hope that helps!

#176158 - 05/03/05 10:05 AM
Cinnamon

Reged: 05/02/05
Loc: Atlanta, Georgia

Hi Linz! Thank you so much for responding to my question. besides the Fibro, I've had several back surgeries with rods, and have recently had a total hip replacement. It's torture to stand and walk for very long, and it's also hard to sit at my 'puter for long periods...my printer doesn't work at present, so I can't read all the good stuff on Heather's site. I'm surprised at some of the foods you mention being able to eat. All I've been told are all of the foods I can't eat because of Candida and leaky gut. Does Heather's diet take care of these problems, too? I'm betweeen a rock and a hard place because I have to take antibiotics if I get teeth worked on, or things like pap smear, so everything gets riles up every time I turn around. Sweetness, is there a list of all the prepared foods that we can eat? Again, thank you so much for responding to my question. Blessings, Cinnamon

#177464 - 05/08/05 02:28 PM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

Take a look at these two posts, by someone who manages her IBS quite well without cooking:

No Cooking Part 1

No Cooking Part 2

There's this post for snack foods and quick eats.

And there's this post of safe name brand foods.

HTH.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 147 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1618

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review