All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
What's Cooking? - (Week of 5/2/05)- RESULTS!
      #175946 - 05/02/05 06:09 PM
melitami

Reged: 02/23/04
Loc: Ewing, NJ, USA (IBS-D, Vegetarian)

I'd actually already made and tasted the Peach Gingerbread Muffins by the time I made my post on the other thread, so I figured I'd start the results!

These are tasty, especially if you like gingerbread and peaches! I should have probably chopped the peaches a little smaller, so the peach part is rather large chunks, but I think they're tasty!

--------------------
Melissa
Friendship is thicker than blood. ~Rent

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: What's Cooking? - (Week of 5/2/05)- RESULTS! new
      #175951 - 05/02/05 06:35 PM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

I tried those a loooonnnngggg time ago! I like the flavor, but I thought the moisture from the canned peaches made them too gooey. I'd always meant to go back and try it with dried peaches to see if I'd like it better, but never got to it. Maybe that will have to be my "What's Cooking?" another week!

#175981 - 05/02/05 07:44 PM
Passanie

Reged: 04/28/04
Loc: Fresno, CA

I made that baked potato soup that a bazillionkazillion posts on it (after all that, I had to try it.) Very good (though it congealed up a bit after being in the fridge, but I just pretended it was stew.)

#177063 - 05/06/05 07:08 AM
MCV

Reged: 01/04/05
Loc: Manchester, NH

I made TessLouise's Garlic Brown Sugar Chicken last night. It was DELICIOUS and very easy. My boyfriend told me that I now have to make it on a weekly basis. We poured the extra sauce over white rice and it was sooooooo...good!

--------------------
>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<
Michelle
IBS-A, pain predominant

Pvt. Kree reporting in... new
      #177065 - 05/06/05 07:20 AM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

Oops! I accidentally posted this in the other thread, so I'm tranferring it here.

I'm leaving tomorrow for the weekend, so I wanted to report in early. I made Melissa's Ginger Sweet Potato Muffins, and they're fabulous. They're not too sweet, so the crystallized ginger adds just the right flavor. The only thing I'd change is to add the full 1/3 cup ginger, since I got tired of chopping and stopped at 1/4. Two thumbs up.

After I took these photos I realized the muffin I chose didn't have much crystallized ginger in it, so the photos don't do the recipe justice. Oh well.

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

#177765 - 05/09/05 02:55 PM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

Mine congealed in the fridge, too, so when I heated it up I just poured in a little more chicken broth and yum.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Glad you liked them Kree! new
      #177801 - 05/09/05 05:36 PM
*Melissa*

I haven't made these in awhile! I'll have to make some soon. I like to freeze them and pull them out one at a time as I want one.

#177802 - 05/09/05 05:39 PM
*Melissa*

I made the Fresh Ginger Cake . It was okay. I like Heather's gingerbread better, so I think I'll stick with that. But, it was very easy to make!

#177922 - 05/10/05 07:20 AM
MCV

Reged: 01/04/05
Loc: Manchester, NH

I made Greek Lemon Chicken last week. I have to be honest - it was a little bland. Next time I make it I will probably add some spices or something to give it a little kick.

--------------------
>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<
Michelle
IBS-A, pain predominant

#177961 - 05/10/05 10:04 AM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

When I made this two weeks ago I posted that I used Cavender's All Purpose Greek Seasoning on it. It gave the chicken a great flavor! You can find this in the grocery stores. It is in a yellow container with red lettering! Michelle we are on the same page with cooking the past few weeks!!!

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 185 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5102

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review