All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
What's Cooking? - (Week of 4/25/05) - RESULTS!
      #173636 - 04/25/05 07:31 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

If you took part in "What's Cooking?" for the week of 4/25, post your results here!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Moroccan Chicken - deeeeelicious! new
      #173638 - 04/25/05 07:34 PM
atomic rose

I made bevp's Slow-cooker Moroccan Chicken and it was fantastic! I decided to go with the suggested variation - I omitted the potatoes and served it over jasmine rice. I also used much less than a teaspoon of cayenne... probably more like 1/8 tsp. Adam and I have problems agreeing on certain foods, because I like "hot" and he doesn't, but this was a hit with both of us - spicy enough for me, but it didn't hurt him at all.

Thanks, Bev, for a great recipe!

Re: What's Cooking? - (Week of 4/25/05) - RESULTS! new
      #173737 - 04/26/05 06:15 AM
melitami

Reged: 02/23/04
Loc: Ewing, NJ, USA (IBS-D, Vegetarian)

I made Casey's English Muffin Bread last night, had 2 pieces for breakfast this morning, it's tasty! I did have a problem with it though....I put the dough in a 9x5 loaf pan, covered it with a damp kitchen towel and put it in my oven to rise (didn't turn the oven on). When I went back in 45 minutes, the bread had risen, but it stuck to to towel, so when I pulled the towel off, it sunk (minus the layer of dough on the towel). The bread turned out ok, it's just short (it's a good inch and a half-two inches shorter than my loaf pan) and kinda dense. Any ideas on how to make this not happen when I probably make it again later this week?

--------------------
Melissa
Friendship is thicker than blood. ~Rent

#173755 - 04/26/05 06:50 AM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

I made Kree's Baked Macaroni and Soy Cheese It was pretty good but I have to say it was missing something. We couldn't quite figure out what it was. My husband said real cheese jokingly, lol, but perhaps I should have added some onions. I added more salt thinking that was what it needed but then it was too salty. I might have to play around with it a little. I'm glad I did try it though.

Hmm.... new
      #174006 - 04/26/05 03:59 PM
atomic rose

I had the same problem, but I thought it had something to do with my flukey oven. Here's what I was going to try next time...

Spray the top of the batter/dough generously with cooking spray, and then lay plastic wrap over top instead of a damp towel, or...

Skip covering it altogether, since you do the same thing I do and let it rise in a closed-in area. If it seems like it would be too dry in there, maybe put a bowl of very hot water in next to it?

I made Greek Lemon Chicken... new
      #174017 - 04/26/05 04:44 PM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

and it was very good! It was quick easy and hit the spot. The only thing I did different was I added Cavender's All Purpose Greek Seasoning to the chicken before I cooked it. This made the chicken have a wonderful flavor! Thanks Jennifer Rose!

Chicken Picatta - YUM-O!!!! new
      #174040 - 04/26/05 05:18 PM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

I made Ashley's (spicey813) Chicken Picatta last night. It was awesome!!!

I served it over orzo. There was plenty of sauce, so that worked out really well.

Although I loved it, Mikey was in heaven!!! He mmmm'd after just about every bite. Occasionally there was an "awesome", "good", or things like that in-between. At one point there he actually said superb.

So there ya go - we gave it five stars! Thanks for a great recipe Ashley!

Oh yeah, almost forgot - here were my revisions to the original: I cut back the olive oil to about 1-2 Tablespoons (I sprayed the pan with non-stick spray also), only used 1 Tablespoon of soy butter, and skipped the capers, because I don't like capers.

Awesome Mags new
      #174065 - 04/26/05 06:19 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

I'm so glad you liked it!
I love the recipe!

I don't like capers either, but I throw them in while cooking and eat around them.. cause they add great flavor to the chicken piccatta.

But I'm glad you and your man loved it! yay!!

--------------------

Re: Awesome Mags new
      #174212 - 04/27/05 03:42 AM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

Quote:

I don't like capers either, but I throw them in while cooking and eat around them.. cause they add great flavor to the chicken piccatta.

Ha! Eat around them...that's too funny! I'll have to try that next time.

Results new
      #174380 - 04/27/05 10:33 AM
Dr. Spice Yamin

I made...

Little Minnies Chicken Broccoli and Pasta

and it was pretty good!

Instead of chicken I used shrimp and it turned out nicely.

--------------------

Provencal Honey and Thyme Roasted Chicken RESULTS new
      #174547 - 04/27/05 04:33 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

YUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMY

I LOOOOOOVED THIS DISH.. IT WAS SO GOOD.
The skin came out really crispy, and the inside was so moist, and just a tiny bit sweet. It really came out fabulous!

Definitly reccomend it and will try it many more times.
Plus.. since its just me here.. I will have LEFTOVERS. yay.

Provencal Honey and Thyme Roasted Chicken

--------------------

Edited by spicey813 (04/27/05 04:34 PM)

Shirl's Bayou BBQ Shrimp - very good! new
      #175005 - 04/29/05 07:56 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

I made Shirl's Shirl's Bayou BBQ Shrimp and it was very good. I have to admit I missed the pound of butter my mother used to put in her BBQ Shrimp, but this was yummy - spicy but not too hot. I served it with paesano bread from Whole Foods to sop up the sauce. It's definitely going on the repeat list.

Changes:
I did not garnish with parsley.
Instead of boiling the sauce to reduce, then cooking the shrimp in it for 3 minutes, I put the shrimp in when I started boiling the sauce and cooked them for 7-8 minutes while the sauce reduced.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

#175233 - 04/29/05 11:07 PM
Passanie

Reged: 04/28/04
Loc: Fresno, CA

I made Heather's smoky bean dip and it was great! I don't have a food processor but a potato masher or pastry cutter or whatever the heck it's called worked fine.

Re: Hmm.... new
      #175268 - 04/30/05 07:08 AM
melitami

Reged: 02/23/04
Loc: Ewing, NJ, USA (IBS-D, Vegetarian)

I think I've figured it out! I tried the nonstick spray + plastic wrap solution on Wednesday night and it collapsed again, so last night I didn't cover it at all, and it exploded! I ended up having to put a cookie sheet under it in the oven because it was dripping over the sides. So I recommend the not covering it and let in rise in the oven method!

--------------------
Melissa
Friendship is thicker than blood. ~Rent

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 147 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6278

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review