All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
What's Cooking? - Fun way to bump up recipes
      #173368 - 04/25/05 07:56 AM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

Since there are TONS of recipes on the boards, sometimes a lot of them get buried. So, talking to the current recipe goddesses (Casey & Kree), we came up with a fun way to try to bump recipes up that got buried WAY back and also to inspire us to try those recipes we've been meaning to try forever! (I've got a big, fat folder full to try! )

So, here's how it will work:

• Every Monday, look for the post "What's Cooking? (Week of ______)". If you want to participate that week, post here what recipe from the IBS Recipe Exchange you'll be cooking. It has to be a recipe you've never tried before. You can do a recipe that someone else has already tried, it just has to be new for you. If you're the first to log on that day, feel free to start the current "What's Cooking?" thread. You'll have one week to try your recipe.

• The following Monday, look for the post "What's Cooking? (Week of ______) Results". Here you'll post a review of the recipe you tried. And, of course, if you are the first to log in with a review, feel free to start that week's thread.

Hope that makes sense! Have fun!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

• What's Cooking? - (Week of 4/25/05) new
          #173370 - 04/25/05 08:04 AM
    *Melissa*

I'll start off this week's....

I'm going to try Chicken Picatta. I'm so glad Ashley posted this, because this used to be one of my absolute favorites pre-IBS. I had a recipe I used to make all the time, and have actually considered pulling out to see if it was revisable. But, now I'll just try this one instead. Can't wait!

What a great idea! new
          #173392 - 04/25/05 09:05 AM
    Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
    Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

It's just the inspiration I need to try some of those recipes I've been stockpiling. And I can't wait to see the results.

This week I'm going to make Shirl's BBQ Bayou Shrimp. My mother used to make BBQ shrimp that was fabulous; unfortunately, the recipe starts with something like "melt 1 pound of butter or margarine". I'm hoping Shirl's version will give me the kick without the misery.

--------------------
    [Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

I'm in! new
          #173395 - 04/25/05 09:13 AM
    melitami

Reged: 02/23/04
    Loc: Ewing, NJ, USA (IBS-D, Vegetarian)

I'm sick of eating bagels all the time, so time to make bread! I'm going to make Casey's English Muffin Bread. For a handmade bread recipe, it seems really easy and quick!

--------------------
    Melissa
    Friendship is thicker than blood. ~Rent

I'll be trying... new
          #173402 - 04/25/05 09:25 AM
    atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
    Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

bevp's Moroccan Chicken done in the crockpot. It's hard for me to find recipes that are spicy enough to make me happy, but still mild enough to not bother Adam's touchy stomach, so I'm hoping this one will do the trick... it's in the pot right now!

Melissa, quick question - shall we wait until next Monday to post results? Or could I start the "results" thread tonight, and people can subsequently report in as they try their recipes?

Re: I'll be trying... new
          #173430 - 04/25/05 10:39 AM
    *Melissa*

Quote:

Melissa, quick question - shall we wait until next Monday to post results? Or could I start the "results" thread tonight, and people can subsequently report in as they try their recipes?

Sure! The whole point is to try to remind people of recipes and inspire ourselves to get cookin', so the "rules" are REALLY flexible.

I'm planning on making mine tonight too, so maybe I'll post my results early also.

ok.. my week. new
          #173547 - 04/25/05 01:50 PM
    Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
    Loc: Maryland

I know that I posted this recipe, but I haven't tried it yet, and whole chickens were on sale at stop and shop.. so I'll be trying this this week!
    Provencal Roasted chicken with honey and thyme

I will also be trying this this week as well. It was posted by little minnie.
    Asian Chicken Broccoli and Noodle

--------------------

How fun! new
          #173564 - 04/25/05 02:10 PM
    Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
    Loc: Northern NY

This is such a great idea, Melissa! I'm going to pass this week, since I went home for Spring Break and am already behind on a couple of tags for "Zaar Tag" on Recipezaar, but I'm planning on joining in next week! I can't wait to see everyone's results.

--------------------
    "Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

Re: What's Cooking? - (Week of 4/25/05) new
          #173612 - 04/25/05 05:54 PM
    torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
    Loc: New York

I figured I shouldn't post unless I was really going to try something. Sometimes my best intentions lately just never get accomplished.

So tonight I finally made Kree's Baked Macaroni and Soy Cheese since the girls have been wanting macaroni and cheese. I found a few more we may try this week but for now this is what I have made.

Re: What's Cooking? - Fun way to bump up recipes new
          #173860 - 04/26/05 11:38 AM
    Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
    Loc: Michigan

I am going to try the Greek Style Lemon Chicken by Jennifer Rose tonight. I really love this idea Melissa!! I have a silly question to ask but how in the world do you link the page in your posts. That's why mine isn't linked. I have tried and tried but can't figure it out! It must be one of those days!

Edited by Angela E. (04/27/05 08:18 AM)

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
    0 registered and 62 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
          You cannot post until you login
          You cannot reply until you login
          HTML is enabled
          UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6330

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review