All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Looking for a drink recipe
      #173185 - 04/24/05 05:31 PM
jenniferlynn

Reged: 02/10/05
Loc: Pittsburgh, PA

I'm looking for a morning drink recipe to help with my tiredness/no energy. Obviously no caffeine limits things. I mainly drink water and caff free herbal tea. Any suggestions? I just started taking new vitamins about a week ago. Hopefully that helps.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Protein! new
      #173246 - 04/24/05 07:58 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I don't know what you eat for breakfast, but I've found that getting plenty of protein is the single best help for my energy level. Following this diet, it's easy to focus on SF and forget everything else... but getting enough protein is very important to get rid of that sluggish feeling.

I *had* been eating oatmeal for breakfast. Now I eat scrambled or hard-cooked egg whites, a banana-and-soy-milk smoothie, and a piece of toast. Sometimes I even toss in some soy sausage or turkey bacon. I'm finding my energy level is *greatly* improved.

I agree with Casey... new
      #173265 - 04/24/05 08:45 PM
retrograde

Reged: 04/15/04

Protein can really get you going in the morning (uh, energy wise )

If you're looking for a drink a smoothie or protein shake with protein powder can be a great pick me up. Try soy milk with banana and pears (or other fruits) with some chocolate (SOY not whey!) protein powder and a little bit of honey. You can even mix a fiber powder in there and/or open up a gel cap of enzymes and/or acidophilus and sprinkle that in for a complete "IBS health shake" lol!

Additionally, there are some caffeine free herbs that have the effect of caffeine that you can take in teas - like yerba mate, guarana, ginseng etc. Be careful though because some of brands add caffeine to that too. You'd have to test your own tolerances with those though because they may be GI stimulants as well just like caffeine, not sure.

hope that helps!

Re: Looking for a drink recipe new
      #173298 - 04/24/05 10:17 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Rooibos is fantastic! I drink gallons of the stuff with soy milk (I'm a Brit - I've gotta have my "cuppa"). It has a gentle pick-me-up effect that really helps (and hlps more the longer you use it.

And Siberian Ginseng also helps me.

Make sure you get plenty of water...if I forget, then I get soooo tired.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 448 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1347

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review