All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Re: Whole Foods new
      #219137 - 10/12/05 12:27 PM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

Okey-doke. I'll double-check the next time I'm in there - already added it to my grocery list - and make sure the ingredients still look okay.

Only an hour and a half! I like being able to pop into my local Whole Foods for odds and ends, but I don't think I'd drive an hour and a half to get to one. Hmmm. Except maybe for Soy Dream Mocha Fudge Ice Cream. That's worth a 3-hour round trip.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Low-Fat Pumpkin-Cranberry Bread new
      #221590 - 10/27/05 10:28 AM
LindsayK

Reged: 04/15/05
Loc: Austin, TX

I've made this before and it made a great bread to take to work and snack on. I just bought the ingredients to make it again. Can't wait.

I'm trying to pretend it's fall (it's still almost 80 degrees here). I'm originally from the north and baking bread reminds me of chilly autumn days. I miss seeing the leaves change.

--------------------
Lins

Re: Brand Names of Whole Berry Cranberry Sauce new
      #221990 - 10/29/05 08:47 AM
Grandma

Reged: 09/29/05
Loc: MO

Perhaps you could try using fresh cranberries in the recipe instead of the canned? I like fresh cranberries becuase I find the canned ones too sweet. Below are some useful tips for using fresh cranberries:

Cranberries are usually found in sealed plastic bags. The standard 12-ounce bag of fresh cranberries yields about 3 cups whole berries, 2 1/2 cups chopped. Don't wash cranberries (or any berries, for that matter) until you're ready to eat them or use them in a recipe. They'll turn moldy and mushy if washed and stored.
To prepare cranberries for cooking, sort out bruised berries, then rinse in cold water. The berries can easily be frozen for up to nine months. Just pop them in your freezer for later use (wash before you use them, but NOT before freezing). When ready to use, do not thaw. Follow recipe directions using frozen berries. Chop cranberries in a food processor for quick results

The recipe calls for a 16 oz can (equals 2 cups) of whole cranberries so maybe you could chop a 12 oz bag of fresh ones which would equal about 2 1/2 cups.

Re: I'm glad you liked it! new
      #222078 - 10/29/05 09:19 PM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

Wow! 80 degress!

Well, it's really cooling down here, which means it's a lot easier to cook and bake. I don't have air-conditioning - I don't even remember what I ate this summer, it was so hot. I have to say that there's something comforting about the fall.

Re: Brand Names of Whole Berry Cranberry Sauce new
      #222079 - 10/29/05 09:22 PM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

That sounds great! Thank you for the tips and taking the time to write them out. I'll have to try it with fresh cranberries--I bet it'll taste even better. I wonder if I could use blueberries instead. Do blueberries go well with pumpkin? I guess I'll just have to find out and do some experimenting in the kitchen!

Did the Calories From Fat math finally new
      #237230 - 01/10/06 12:28 PM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

Assuming I did my math right - always a dangerous assumption - I came out with:

For the whole recipe without walnuts:
3500 calories, 660 from fat; 19% CFF

For the whole recipe with walnuts:
3700 calories, 840 from fat; 23% CFF

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 266 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 16233

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review