All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Oriental Steamed Fish
      #167115 - 04/05/05 02:52 AM
Jennifer1946

Reged: 02/13/05
Loc: Karachi - Pakistan

It's hard to believe that with this tasty dish you can actually lose weight. That is, if you don't cheat between meals. (Serves 1)

300 gr. white fish fillets
1 tbsp. light soy sauce
1 clove garlic, crushed
1/2 tsp. finely grated fresh ginger
1 tsp. sesame oil
250 gr. mixed vegetables such as carrots, capsicum and broccoli

1. Cut the fish into bite size pieces and combine with soy sauce, garlic, ginger and sesame oil. Rub the seasoning into the fish, then marinate in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
2. Prepare the vegetables, cutting into bite size pieces.
3. Place the vegetables on a heat proof plate in a steamer and steam over boiling water for 10 minutes or until the fish is cooked and the vegetables still crisp.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

capsicum? new
      #167259 - 04/05/05 12:08 PM
Kandee

Reged: 05/22/03
Loc: USA, Southern California

Some of those of us in the USA may be a bit confused on this. Does it mean peppers? And if so, what kind?

I've noticed you Aussies use this term as well.

Thanks, Kandee

--------------------

Re: capsicum? new
      #167432 - 04/05/05 11:21 PM
Jennifer1946

Yes Kandee, I mean peppers and you can use red, green and yellow to make it colourful. We get only green peppers.

Thanks Jenny.. new
      #167737 - 04/06/05 05:47 PM
Kandee

Quote:

Yes Kandee, I mean peppers and you can use red, green and yellow to make it colourful. We get only green peppers.

Thats's what I thought, but didn't know for sure. You're always teaching me something.
To bad you don't get the red, yellow and orange peppers. They are delightful, and so mild. Kandee

--------------------

Re: Thanks Jenny.. new
      #167793 - 04/06/05 11:20 PM
Jennifer1946

Thanks Kandee,
I will be posting loads of recipes so you and everyone can make your collection. I will be retiring next year in Nov. so dont know if I will get a job soon to continue on this forum or I will have to just continue to post from home. Did you check out the pink marshmallows? Jenny

Pink Marshmallows? new
      #167794 - 04/06/05 11:37 PM
Kandee

a
Quote:

Thanks Kandee,
I will be posting loads of recipes so you and everyone can make your collection. I will be retiring next year in Nov. so dont know if I will get a job soon to continue on this forum or I will have to just continue to post from home. Did you check out the pink marshmallows? Jenny

Hey Jenny,
And yet another delightful recipe from your collection. (Every think of doing a cookbook?) I had to look the marshmallow recipe up from your posts....it sounds great, especially for some people who can't tolerate the commercial ones..some have HFCS in them.
Good luck on your retirement..post from where ever you can.
Ever heard of an Indian dessert called (I think) Lemon-O? I don't know how it's spelled or what it's made of, just heard about it a long time ago. Thanks, Kandee

--------------------

Re: Pink Marshmallows? new
      #167809 - 04/07/05 12:47 AM
Jennifer1946

No Kandee I have not heard of Lemon-O. But I do eat a lot of jelly for dessert as I am very fond of sweets so jelly is safe for me. Yes, I have made my own cook book and during Christmas time when the goans want to make sweets my telephone rings the whole day for recipes so I keep the book near the telephone. Besides my book, I have several other collections from all over. I do contribute to the secretaries' club and in the office magazine as well. Jenny

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 424 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3148

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review