All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
GF breadsticks...replacing the dairy? KOSHER gelatin...where do you get it?
      #166486 - 04/02/05 09:21 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

So the recipe for GF breadsticks on glutenfreepantry.com calls for parm cheese (I assume I can just leave it out?) and for powdered dry milk? And where can I get Kosher gelatin powder?

I SOOOOO want to make this! Thanks for your help

P.S. I tried to copy the recipe...but I can't. Sorry

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: GF breadsticks...replacing the dairy? KOSHER gelatin...where do you get it? new
      #166493 - 04/02/05 10:43 PM
Computr821

Reged: 12/02/04
Loc: University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA/ Baltimore, MD

There ARE brands of kosher gelatin; we have it in Baltimore at a special kosher supermarket. Not knowing exactly where you are, I can't give you any ideas for you situation.

Avidan

--------------------
Why'd you have to go and make me so constipated?
--'Weird' Al Yankovic, "A Complicated Song"

Re: GF breadsticks...replacing the dairy? KOSHER gelatin...where do you get it? new
      #166494 - 04/02/05 10:49 PM
Snow for Sarala

Right now I'm in AZ....how was you Shabbos? Did you see my response to your response reg. my name?

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#166520 - 04/03/05 04:45 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

Ruchie- check out kosher.com or other online sources for kosher foods (I am mental blanking right now, but I know several people who are using kosher.com for passover goodies in areas where they don't have good local sources of things)... if you can't find it locally...

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

#166563 - 04/03/05 09:27 AM
abby82

Reged: 03/08/04
Loc: Nevada

Im not sure about Kosher either but I know theres a dry milk powder substitute called Vances Dari Free, you can find it at allergygrocery.com and look in the beverage section. I havent tried it yet but I know a lot of people have recommended it to me, including Kandee. Hope this helps some!

milk powder isn't even needed in most bread.. add a touch more flour instead nt new
      #166613 - 04/03/05 02:19 PM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

#166617 - 04/03/05 02:39 PM
Kandee

Reged: 05/22/03
Loc: USA, Southern California

When something calls for milk powder and water I just use a rice or nut milk and forget the water/powder. Or I use something I have on hand and love that Shell put me on to. Vance's Dari Free. Or you could use Better than Milk..Rice or Soy. I have the rice and am not impressed.
When something calls for the Parmesan cheese I'll just add a bit of Italian seasonings instead.......I know there is Kosher gelatin but don't know where you get it. How about soaking some ground flax seeds in a tiny bit of water instead..that helps the texture like gelatin does, so does Acacia.

Kandee

--------------------

#166882 - 04/04/05 11:28 AM
Snow for Sarala

Thank you soooo much everyone! i will have to wait on making this for now. we are going out of town 1st thing tom. morning PLUS hubby doesn't like ordering from the internet.

in the meantime...I am on my way soo to the Whole Foods to buy muffin ingredients. i ill let you know how it goes *big hugs* I love you guys!

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#166938 - 04/04/05 12:39 PM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

You can buy Kosher gelatin at health food stores and I can biy it in the Kosher section of my grocery store. By the way, the Kosher section of my store has tons of vegetarian/vegan items. Jackpot!

#167345 - 04/05/05 03:57 PM
fishnets

Reged: 10/09/03
Loc: MA

Quote:

You can buy Kosher gelatin at health food stores and I can biy it in the Kosher section of my grocery store. By the way, the Kosher section of my store has tons of vegetarian/vegan items. Jackpot!

Don't know if this applies to anyone, but just so you know, kosher gelatin is still made from animals, just not cows. Just thought I'd mention it since you brought up veggie items!

--------------------
IBS-C

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 211 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3374

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review