All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Thi post is inspired by Kandee!
      #166022 - 03/31/05 10:29 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

What should I take on my week long trip away from home?

List so far:

Water packed sardines
Bottled water TONS
Rice cakes
Pears, bananas, apples,
Corn thins
carrots
peanut butter

Any other ideas? Thank you!!!!!

P.S. the SUSHI is gluten free or can be made gluten free at 3 restaurants where I'm headed...yahoooo! I can't WAIT!

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

travel new
      #166030 - 03/31/05 11:27 PM
Kandee

Reged: 05/22/03
Loc: USA, Southern California

Travel can be a bit difficult Ruchie, but start here. So many people have great lists there...they learned by experience...that Envirokids cereal is good to munch on dry. I also like dried fruits (if you can tolearate them) since they are filling. Don't forget rice cake nut butter sandwiches..yum..

And gee, never did I dream you'd eat sardines. I thought I was the only one...and BTW, they are only 150 calories even though it doesn't say on the can. Those tuna, salmon and chicken pouch containers are easy to take too. How about some homemade GF bread sticks..? If they dry out, oh well, they'd still be good.

Have a good trip..it sounds more like an adventure!
Kandee

--------------------

are you going for pesach or before? new
      #166052 - 04/01/05 06:34 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

if its for pesach- should be easier actually since HFCS is a no no anyway... but it sounds like you are on the right track.. imagine soups or some of the safe pesadic ones (see my post on the IBS diet board after we went shopping)... if your friends/family are like mine- lots of pesadich goodies are made with potato starch anyway- so gluten free for you, and that might help some too!

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Kandee, can I have the bread stick recipe? new
      #166068 - 04/01/05 07:45 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

How do you do it? Can I use the french bread mix from gluten free pantry? I LOVEEEEEEE breadsticks!

i LOVE sardines! I thought I was the only one that ate em' too LOL Aren't they the BEST!

The plane will be the worst. Over a 4 hour flight! I need to move around constantly or I get stiff. Hope the person on the end of the aisle doesn't mind if I get up and down a lot

Fish has been getting increasingly difficult for me to digest lately And I can't have too much soy--makes me feel sluggish. What are some other ways to get portein? Chicken makes me pretty ill and turkey has begun to as well. And I had red meat last week and actually threw it up! What is it about potein? It's getting scary to tell ya the truth!

Anyhow, sorry to ramble! It IS an adventure! I can't wait the folks in the community. And get this--we are staying at this woman's house for Shabbos AND she is making my stuff GF! She is making me a potato, some fish (hope I can eat it!) chicken soup, and salad. I'm sooooo excited! I have a good feeling about this place

Breadsticks.....mmmmmmmm. Now that's something to dream about!

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Ruchie, go to the glutenfreepantry web site for the bread stick recipe-nt- new
      #166312 - 04/01/05 08:28 PM
Kandee

Reged: 05/22/03
Loc: USA, Southern California

Kandee

--------------------

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 295 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1999

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review