All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Re: Great info on tamarind---thanks new
      #166041 - 04/01/05 05:25 AM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

Try the driveway. It grows as a weed everywhere. I wish I could describe perfectly what it looks like.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

purslane new
      #166043 - 04/01/05 05:27 AM
Little Minnie

Here is a picture. web page Maybe you will recognize it.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Re: purslane new
      #166313 - 04/01/05 08:35 PM
Kandee

Reged: 05/22/03
Loc: USA, Southern California

Thanks..Now that I know what it looks like I can take my gunny sack and search the neighborhood sidewalks and ditches..they'll call me "Poke-Salad-Annie"

Kandee

--------------------

Re: purslane new
      #166346 - 04/02/05 04:48 AM
Little Minnie

You go for it. Jamie Oliver did that one time on his show. But still be careful for sprayed areas. Purslane is easy to pull up too.

--------------------

I found there was some tamarind in my Worcesteshire sauce. Could that be used as a sub?-nt- new
      #166445 - 04/02/05 04:10 PM
Kandee

--------------------

Re: I found there was some tamarind in my Worcesteshire sauce. Could that be used as a sub?-nt- new
      #166724 - 04/03/05 11:37 PM
Jennifer1946

Reged: 02/13/05
Loc: Karachi - Pakistan

Hi Kandee,
I dont know if my previous message reached you as our electricity went off just at that time. Tamarind in Worcesteshire sauce is not what I am talking about. I went to the super market on Saturday and found a bottle called 'Imli sauce'. Imli is the Hindi/Urdu word for tamarind so at the Indian store you could ask for Imli. You have to take a one inch ball size and soak it in hot water for a while. Then remove the seeds if any, and with your hands mash it up and take the juice out. Hope you will succeed in getting tamarind.

Do you want to hear about the story of how worchestershire sauce was first made? new
      #166990 - 04/04/05 03:52 PM
Little Minnie

2 English guys (presumably for Worchestershire) came back from India and discovered a yummy brown sauce in with their stuff. They duplicated the taste as best they could and called it Worchestershire sauce and sold it. Funny I don't think HFCS was in the original recipe but it is in Lea and Perrins! BTW it is pronounced Wuzz ter shur, in case anyone wonders.

--------------------

OK new
      #167065 - 04/04/05 08:53 PM
Kandee

Quote:

2 English guys (presumably for Worchestershire) came back from India and discovered a yummy brown sauce in with their stuff. They duplicated the taste as best they could and called it Worchestershire sauce and sold it. Funny I don't think HFCS was in the original recipe but it is in Lea and Perrins! Along with a lot of other junk we don't need..soy, etc. . I bought French's last time...it is the one that had the tamarind in it. BTW it is pronounced Wuzz ter shur, in case anyone wonders. LOL..thanks! Kandee

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 112 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 14275

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review