All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
I Made GF BREAD!!!!!!!!!!!!
      #164557 - 03/27/05 08:53 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

I didn't think I could do it.....but I DID!!!!! Yippee! I made the Gluten Free Pantry Bread Mix...and I LOVE it!

Kandee...thanks for he tips! Next week I'll have to try those muffins that Chrissy recommended!

You guys are the BEST! I was practically in tears....I was SO HUNGRY from not eating enough. That bread is FILLING!

Still learning what is/isn't ok. I'm reading Danna Korn's book Gluten Free and Worry Free I think it's called. It's EXCELLENT. I feel like she wrote it for ME LOL

Thanks again...I love you guys!

With love, Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I Made GF BREAD!!!!!!!!!!!! new
      #164567 - 03/27/05 10:45 PM
nikjones_uk

Reged: 01/04/05

Hey - where did you get that recipe? From the site or elsewhere? I have just been given a bread machine but am convinced bread is doing me no good so gluten free would be great - let me know and if I can make it in my bread machine (if not...onto Ebay it goes!!) xx

#164572 - 03/27/05 11:42 PM
doubletrouble

Reged: 11/14/04
Loc: Canberra, Australia

Yep! I'd love the recipie too Ruchie! And I know Beth would love it aswell. The GF breads here are terrible blech. Plus they're full of sugar! I think it might be more so than regular breads. Congratulations btw. On your cooking great bread and dealing with your dinner.

--------------------
Amy

Ruchie!!!!!!!! new
      #164590 - 03/28/05 04:04 AM
Taylahmai

Reged: 11/03/04
Loc: Western Australia

Well done sweety!!!!! I'm so impressed. Once you've mastered your first loaf you've got it made You'll be cooking up GF storms all the time now! The loaf I made was delicious, but a bit more crumbly then the bread mixes I've been using. Lovely toasted tho. The muffins were also DELICIOUS, but next time I'll use less butter, as it didn't really need as much as the recipe said. Once I've made them again I'll email you the new recipe

Camping was a BLAST!! The weather was gorgeous and we pitched our tents right on the beach, watched the sunset over the water, and had baths in the ocean! But I'm feeling a bit sad tonight, because apart from my very good intentions to begin with, food got the better of me once people were handing around potato chips, chocolate, and cheese and crackers all weekend. I did stay GF, raaaayyyy, but I couldn't say no when the easter eggs were being passed around. And despite having an awesome time (we caught heaps of fish, yummm, and spent most our time swimming and snorkelling, so cool) I was so stressed about food that I obsessed about it allllllllllll weekend and overate till my belly was sooooooooooo sore I've decided no more weekends away until I can get ontop of the whole food thing I'm dealing with at the moment. I'm actually thinking of seeing a counceller as I've now accepted that I definately have an eating disorder. I looked at your compulsive eating website, but would like some 1:1 help. Have you ever seen someone professional, and if so has it helped?

I read your post in the IBS diet section, sorry you're feeling so sad at the moment If its any consolation, I understand how tough it is, so my heart really is with you. My friends were marvellous during our trip, one night we were going to make a vege stockpot (using a packet sauce mix), but on finding out I was GF, my friend insisted we make a GF sauce instead. It was really easy to eat GF in the sense that everyone understood, but it was soul destroying watching everyone devour hot x buns, delicious fresh white bread, crackers and cheese, potato chips..... you name it I couldn't have it. Even caramel filled easter eggs were a no no

But I really really enjoyed spending time with friends, and I now have renewed determination to follow my strict diet, find out exactly what foods are causing my grief, and get better. I hated hiding my bloated tummy behind t-shirts, while others frolicked in their bikinis! And I hated feeling so panicky and obsessive about food.

Sorry I've rambled so much, I just had to get a few things off my chest, and I know how well you understand me, its so comforting to have you there. I thought about you alot over the weekend, and I took some photos for you! Will post them soon. I hope together we can beat this thing.

Take care xxxx

--------------------
~ Live life, don't let life live you ~

#164602 - 03/28/05 06:04 AM
AnneV

Reged: 06/10/04

I had to eat Gluten Free for a while. I found a very good flour called - Betty's Gourmet Four Blend Flour. It measures exactly the same as regular flour (which is nice) -though you need to add the Xantham Gum. I did not make white bread - but made other breads and they were all very good. Glad to hear you found something you like. Anne

Can I have this muffin recipe too? new
      #164609 - 03/28/05 06:48 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

I need some GF bread and muffin mix recipes!!

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Yep, me too please!!-nt new
      #164610 - 03/28/05 06:49 AM
Augie

--------------------
~ Beth

It was a bread MIX not a recipe....the encouraging responses! n-t new
      #164640 - 03/28/05 08:59 AM
Snow for Sarala

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

ADs and Celiac and Food IMHO (long) new
      #164645 - 03/28/05 09:20 AM
Snow for Sarala

Sounds like a DREAM Chrissy! I hope I get to camping one day...

I do speak to a counselor but it is about my abuse issues. The more I learn to love myself the less I overeat. I was in OA....but I just don't have time for it anymore I am SOOO busy living my life I don't overeat so much!

I am NOT a doctor. If you would like MHO here it is: People that are abused/o through traumas do NOT ALL turn to addiction. I believe food is at the root of all. What we do/do not put in our bodies effects EVERYTHING. Our emotions, cravings, rain, cognitive abilities, etc. Because of poor eating habits, again in MHO, we have sooo many probs in our socety. We have food APLENTY and we EAT APLENTY as a result. This i NOt the way our bods were meant to be fed.

Sorry to ramble so. But I have to say that almost everyone I came across in OA had a MEDICAL issue. Sleep apnea, diabetes, fibro, IBS, etc. Think they were lacking something in their diet? Or that their diet had too ,muh of someting bad (ie sugar?) In OA they recommend eliminating sugar and white flour from the diet. I think the sugar made them sick (not ALWAYS but def. sometimes if not more0, in the st place.

Take the Twinkie Defense for exaple. Look at all the children with diabetes from too much sugar. Look at the folks in Oa....it just seems to add up.

I am NOT saying you should never have sugar and I am NOT a doctor. This is just my opinion. The meidcal world MESSED ME UP SILLY! Between antibiotics, my misdiagnoses for things, eating tons of sugar in my home, etc...it's amazing I can function properly.

I do NOT recommend using anything as a band aid. Period. i think counseling is EXCELLENT! and I recognize you did NOT mention using an AD. But I wanted to throw this in there because I am not surprised that people with celiac use food (LESS or MORE than needed), for several reasons. If you eat less it is because it HURTS to eat! If you eat more it is because you use the taste/texture to feel better (even tho it hurts in the long run. We grab at straws for comfrot as we are always in pain...and with the overabundance of food it is EASY to use and quite common....we learn it from society at large).

PLEASE do NOT think you are alone or a freak. This is NORMAL behavior. our bodies are soooo confused by what we have given it and denied it for so long. it is NOT our faults!

Please pleae know I am here for you and I have ben where you are and I am still working on things myself. It just hurts me that we suffer the way we do and that there are things we can do to get better.

We WILL do this together!!!!!!

You've helped me sooo much already. I hope I can help you to...

If I said anything offensive, please forgive me. I just needed to get this out I guess. I have been reading for close to THREE years now on IBS, fibro, migraines, celiac, etc. I was anorexic as a kid and compulisve overeater as an adult. it does NOT have to be this way! Life should not revolve around medical issues. And I believe one day things will get better as more and more people learn what they can get from what they eat!

Ok...stepping down now. Thanks for reading!

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Ruchie new
      #164650 - 03/28/05 09:29 AM
Augie

Make sure you got the dairy free mix. This company originally only had one with dairy in it. I think they now offer a dairy free version, but I don't seem to be able to find it. Is it terribly high in fat? Or did you use some substitutions to make it?

Also, did it require a stand mixer, or just a hand held mixer?

I have found that this companies muffin mixes call for lots of margarine or oil to be added raising the fat grams to 9 or 10 grams per muffin!!

Did you have this problem with the bread mix?

--------------------
~ Beth

Can I impose myself new
      #164657 - 03/28/05 09:46 AM
Augie

I would so love to join your bandwagon, Chrissy and Ruchie.

Can you guys also email me some Gf stuff and can I join the support group? Is there room for one more GFer who is battling the IBS and GF and food obsession and trying to figure out what food my body likes and which are yucky for it, and not being accepted and having to watch others eat while I have my stupid "different" food I need to either carry along with and pull out of a bag while everyone stares, or stay at home all alone in my pain. (Long sentence there! Sure my grammar former grammar teacher would give me an F!).

Yep, hide the belly too. Not because I'm fat, but because I'm bloated!

Didn't mean to intrude, but you guys are speaking my language here! I want to do this with you guys if there's room for one more.

Okay, this doesn't belong on Recipe Board, but hope I will be forgiven as I don't usually mispost, if that's a word!

Love to you all.

--------------------
~ Beth

It was FABULOUS Beth!!!! new
      #164670 - 03/28/05 10:01 AM
Snow for Sarala

Zero at, zero dairy, zero worry! I bought the French Bread mix

I used a hand-held mixer.

I DID use oil...come to think of it. But you CAn reuce the oil....it jut might not be as moist. I used the oil it called for...I think it was 1/3rd cup for a 9X15 loaf. It IS a lot...maybe that is why it made me a bit gassy I will have to reduce the oil next time...thanks!

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Beth is IN! new
      #164672 - 03/28/05 10:03 AM
Snow for Sarala

And I should have posted this on the Diet Board....my bad! Anyone know how to move it there?!?!

I'm so glad you're joining us Beth...all are welcome!

Another one bites the dust

Love, Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Oh, thanks good new
      #164710 - 03/28/05 11:14 AM
Augie

I thought you ordered the sandwich bread which is the one with the dairy. Glad you liked the French Bread! Did you order it on line?

--------------------
~ Beth

Hooray!! new
      #164711 - 03/28/05 11:17 AM
Augie

Thanks friend! I'm in, I'm in!!

Let's beat up on these GF, IBS bullies!!

--------------------
~ Beth

Re: Oh, thanks good new
      #164766 - 03/28/05 01:58 PM
Snow for Sarala

I bought it at the local supermarket...they ctually carry soe GF stuff there!

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Yay Ruchie!!! Good going!!! See, not that hard, huh?-nt- new
      #164848 - 03/28/05 09:43 PM
Kandee

Reged: 05/22/03
Loc: USA, Southern California

Kandee

--------------------

Not that hard...thanks to you Kandee... new
      #164910 - 03/29/05 07:45 AM
Snow for Sarala

Now I have to bake/cook up a storm as I leave nest Tues. for a trip across country! Hubby and I will be there for 7 days looking for a job/apartment (moving AGAIN...4th time in 3 years!) So.....I need to make sure I have all the safe food I can carry in my suitcase!

So PLEASE send all your recipes my way!

You've been SUCH a big help! *hugs* Thanks Kandee!

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Ruchie, look at these. new
      #164917 - 03/29/05 08:10 AM
Kandee

Reged: 05/22/03
Loc: USA, Southern California

Kosher & GF holiday recipe thread. Scroll thru the entire thread. I found this by accident and some look soooo good I'm temped to make some of them myself (Believe me, I'm dangerous in a Jewish deli and before IBS, chopped liver was one of my favorites .) Many are IBS safe as they low in fat and DF. Some can be easily changed to be safe. There is even a link to GF Matzos...

Take a look at the glutenfree pantry web site..they have lots of recipes using the French bread mix you used for your bread.

Quote:

Now I have to bake/cook up a storm as I leave nest Tues. for a trip across country! Hubby and I will be there for 7 days looking for a job/apartment (moving AGAIN...4th time in 3 years!) So.....I need to make sure I have all the safe food I can carry in my suitcase!

Gotta BIG suitcase? LOL

There was a saying in the military the the best duty station was either the one you were at last or the one you are going to next. No one seemed to be happy exactly where they were.

So PLEASE send all your recipes my way!

You've been SUCH a big help! *hugs* Thanks Kandee! You're welcome sweetie..Have a good trip. Kandee

--------------------

Kandee, you have mail! n-t new
      #164927 - 03/29/05 08:44 AM
Snow for Sarala

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: Ruchie, look at these. new
      #164966 - 03/29/05 10:03 AM
Snow for Sarala

Kandee! This post made me feel like crying! I CAN HAVE OAT MATZAH ON PASSOVER! It's a miracle! I was worried about the oats...but I went to the site and it is GF!

This means sooooooooo much to me! I feel like leaping with joy! LOL

Sending you a hug full of love, gratitude, and hope,

Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 749 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 7785

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review