All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Easter Recipes
      #163293 - 03/23/05 08:52 AM
bdcanfield

Reged: 03/02/05
Loc: Carlisle, Pa USA

I am looking for some ideas to tell my grandmother to make for easter. Traditionally we have ham, green bean casserole, au gratin potatoes (all of my favorite foods)....well this year I feel so bad that she has to cook special dishes for me..... Any ideas for a good vegetable dish would be greatly appreciated!

We are going to try making the au gratin potatoes with soy milk and veggie/soy cheese hopefully they turn out ok!!!!!

--------------------
Smile and the world smiles back

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Easter Recipes new
      #163356 - 03/23/05 11:31 AM
AnneV

Reged: 06/10/04

Am sure I am not the only person who can relate to this...and when grandmother is involved - there is a lot of tradition.

Am going to my sisters...we are going to have turkey and ham. My brother in-law is allergic to potatoes and my nephew is allergic to soy - so that limits a lot of stuff. Am going to make a rice dish. Will have fresh veggies (no butter). For dessert - am going to make the pineapple angel food cake.

There are many good recipes on the recipe board - check it out....

Enjoy the holiday. Anne

Edited by AnneV (03/23/05 11:33 AM)

Re: Easter Recipes new
      #163424 - 03/23/05 03:11 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

Quote:

I am looking for some ideas to tell my grandmother to make for easter. Traditionally we have ham, green bean casserole, au gratin potatoes (all of my favorite foods)....well this year I feel so bad that she has to cook special dishes for me..... Any ideas for a good vegetable dish would be greatly appreciated! Here are my favs (from Cooking Light mag mostly). There are 4.
green beans snap peas
sweet potato casserole and cook a lot of baby carrots and toss with honey, gingerroot and margarine.

We are going to try making the au gratin potatoes with soy milk and veggie/soy cheese hopefully they turn out ok!!!!!

No offense but I would stay away from fake soy au gratin potatoes! They won't be good (unless you are used to it). I can't make myself like them. I make potatoes like this: slice them thinly and layer them in a butter Pam-ed dish with potato slices, salt and pepper, titch of safe marg. and fresh herbs such as rosemary or thyme. Repeat layers. And top with more butter spray. Cover with casserole top. You hardly need ANY margarine to make them taste buttery. They can be cooked at any temp and take 30-60 min. (I am making them tonight in fact) They are way better than soy dairy!

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 384 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1148

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review