All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Dry White Wine
      #161777 - 03/18/05 06:25 AM
AnneV

Reged: 06/10/04

Am going to make Bertucci's Rigatoni, Broccoli and Chicken with Wine Sauce this weekend. Can anyone recommend a good white wine for cooking? Anne

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

whatever is cheap new
      #161951 - 03/18/05 02:08 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

1. I never spend more than $10
2. pinot grigio or gris are probably the best for starters
3. I do like the taste of kendall Jackson chardonnay but in general chardonnay isn't the best cooking wine.
4. ask the people at the liquor store

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Re: Dry White Wine new
      #162032 - 03/18/05 05:37 PM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

I usually use Chardonnay and it works out fine, but that's just because it's what I happen to have on hand! I agree with Minnie, asking is probably the best idea, although personally I haven't noticed the type of wine to make that much of a difference.

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

Re: Dry White Wine new
      #162073 - 03/18/05 07:35 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

Yeah I have never noticed much difference either. I guess I am not that refined! I like to use other kinds of wine too. For instance red wines are great in risotto and marsala and madeira are good on chicken. I am making chianti risotto this week. Ruby port is good too in things (reduce port and honey and pour on white fish). I use quite a bit of alcohol in cooking (since I can't drink it...)

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 245 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1451

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review