All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Re: oh yeah you gotta have vanilla not plain- that is for cooking-yuck- nt new
      #171735 - 04/20/05 08:21 AM
e_mcmaster

Reged: 01/16/05
Loc: Norman, Oklahoma

I'm the same way. I drink 8th continent light original soymilk plain or in my oat bran and in smoothies. It has 7g of protein per cup and only 50 calories. And the best part is that they sell it at walmart!

--------------------
Elizabeth

all those years it wasn't IBS - it was celiac!
send me an email: liz@dopple.net

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Milk Questions!!! new
      #171800 - 04/20/05 09:54 AM
Snorkie

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: Northern Illinois, USA

Rice milk is okay, but some (most?) of them don't have as much calcium as soy milks. Just about every soy milk I've tried tastes different. Silk is decent, but my fave is the lite 8th Continent. (I tried the lite vanilla...could really taste much different.) It's really good with oatmeal, good with cold cereal, and I will drink it straight, too. But of course, your milage may vary.

PS- When I lived in the middle of nowhere in Iowa, even the little grocery in our town carried Silk, as I recall.

#172777 - 04/22/05 03:17 PM
Brendarific

Reged: 03/14/04
Loc: The Northwest 'Burbs Of Chicago, IL

Soy or rice milk (plain) is really gross when you drink it straight. Adding it to cereal is OK. Making a smoothie with some fruit is tolerable. The flavored stuff is good.

I miss real milk, though. Imagine a huge milkshake with whip cream and a cherry... OH, YUM, but no no!

--------------------
It's never too late to be what you might have been.

#173088 - 04/24/05 09:01 AM
Ravenndark

Reged: 11/28/04
Loc: the internet

Personally, I HATED soymilk when I first tried it, because I kept getting the really, REALLY nasty brands.

So Good plain is the best, in my opinion. The vanilla and omega three are just GROSS GROSS GROSS!

If you're having it with cereal, it's perfect.

#173131 - 04/24/05 01:18 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

I prefer Rice or Almond milk, personally. It's funny, though...I started topping cereal with fresh fruit puree and skipping the whole "wetting" the dry food with any of the above and of all the methods, I prefer topping the cereal with fresh fruit puree! But, re: dry cereal the traditional way, almond milk. Keep in mind though that my cereal of choice is puffed millet or puffed rice when I do the cereal thing. I've even used diluted fresh fruit juice. Sometimes a vanilla flavoured almond or rice milk is funky.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 419 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5010

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review