All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
bread crumbs???
      #158695 - 03/09/05 08:39 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

I can't seem to find any at the stores.. am I going ot have to make my own every time I need them? is there another simpler alternative? debating when I go to buy pesach goodies this Monday buying some matza meal to use all year long in recipes.. it seems like the easiest thing and I know it will be safe.. but it won't have the flavor. I saw mention in a post of using crushed rice krispies.. but that seems sweet.. any other alternatives that don't involve dehydrating and then food processing the bread (or toasting and then food processing?)

Amie

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: bread crumbs??? new
      #158744 - 03/09/05 10:28 AM
AnneV

Reged: 06/10/04

I have some bread crumbs at home that are safe. Will check the brand and get back to you. Anne

Thanks! new
      #158753 - 03/09/05 11:12 AM
khyricat

DH and I were sitting on the grocery floor reading labels last night- they are on the BOTTOM shelf!

--------------------
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic

#158783 - 03/09/05 12:27 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Here is a great link.... about "crumbs" I like using the panko japanese bread crumbs.

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

I love that site! new
      #158850 - 03/09/05 02:48 PM
retrograde

Reged: 04/15/04

lol Shell I was just going to link that then I realized you beat me to it! I love that site!

#158865 - 03/09/05 03:27 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

There are breadcrumbs in containers in the baking aisle by the cornmeal. I believe they are safe. Come in a cannister with pop top. Panko are great too. Also I process old bread and freeze crumbs in throw away containers. They freeze loose so you can use as much as you want.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Edited by Little Minnie (03/09/05 03:28 PM)

thanks.. all the ones in the baking aisle... new
      #159080 - 03/10/05 06:05 AM
khyricat

had HFCS as one of the primary ingredients! scary! and I don't handle that well at all. it was a freaky concept- I'm going to check on panko next time i go to the oriental grocer.

--------------------
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic

Re: thanks.. all the ones in the baking aisle... new
      #159139 - 03/10/05 08:04 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Quote:

had HFCS as one of the primary ingredients! scary! and I don't handle that well at all. it was a freaky concept- I'm going to check on panko next time i go to the oriental grocer.

I got my panko at the HFS in the same isle at the bread, on the top shelf in a plastic canistar. I'll check mine when I'm at home and tell you the brand and what is in it.

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

ah bummer new
      #159192 - 03/10/05 09:26 AM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

Sorry I hadn't bought any in a while. I thought there would be a brand without it. Stupid HFCS!!!

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

#162584 - 03/21/05 06:32 AM
AnneV

Reged: 06/10/04

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. The safe brand of breadcrumbs is Jaclyn's organic breadcrumbs...you can buy they at a health food store.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 269 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4206

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review