All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Veggies
      #154181 - 02/25/05 01:31 PM
Stonegate

Reged: 06/30/04
Loc: Lawrence, Kansas

Hi folks. I just need some suggestions for veggies. Quick and easy to make. I work two jobs so I don't have a lot of time. I can make it up on the weekends however, if they'll keep for a week. I'm so use to popping the top of a can and heating it up that I'm at a loss now what to eat instead.

Thanks

--------------------
Sometimes I walk backwards to see where I have been!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Veggies new
      #154187 - 02/25/05 01:58 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

You can still do that.... pop open a can of green beans or carrots...

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

#154195 - 02/25/05 02:51 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

honey ginger carrots are 1 idea. Also throwing chopped bagged spinach in rice or pasta and stirring. Several vegetables are easy enough to just steam like asparagus, brocoli, cauliflower, bok choy etc but these are gassy ones yet good for you. If you want a change get the frozen vegetables that are mixed with other ones. Especially at first though you should cook any veg really well and mash it with a fork; peas and carrots are best for this but try to expand out for health.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

#154263 - 02/25/05 04:39 PM
Stonegate

Thanks! I'll try those carrots over the weekend!

--------------------

#154354 - 02/26/05 04:12 AM
Stonegate

And I was under the impression that those days were over! Thanks!

--------------------

#154377 - 02/26/05 06:28 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Just a couple of thoughts...

The freezer is your friend. Cook like mad on the weekends, stash it away in smaller containers for weekday food. I work from home, and this is STILL one of my best "survival tactics", because I don't always want to cook on a weekday.

I always eat frozen veggies, not canned - I just think they taste better. They take no time at all in the microwave, really - dump some in a bowl, add a tablespoon of water, and nuke on high till tender. It works on fresh veggies too, of course. A "baked" potato takes 6-7 minutes in the microwave.

One of my favorite things to do right now is take leftover veggies and eat them cold with a splash of safe dressing - I like Just2Good Italian. It's not salad, but it's close... and it's fast.

#154407 - 02/26/05 08:23 AM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

I'm a big fan of frozen veggies as well. I always keep my freezer stocked with frozen peas, green beans, squash, etc. I also keep some baking potatoes around and just nuke them in the microwave when I want some "taters". Veggies definitely don't have to be difficult!

Oh yeah... and baby carrots are awesome and versatile. They cook up on the stovetop in about 8 mins. There are some great carrot recipes on the recipe index!

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 214 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2782

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review