All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Will's Granny Smith Juice
      #144633 - 01/30/05 08:35 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

I posted this question on the eating board, but have'nt recieved an answer there, so thought I'd try here.

For this juice recipe it says to simply juice 3 or 4 granny smith apples and drink on an empty stomach. For anyone who has taken this for Constipation, do you know if the empty stomach means not to take it after an SFS either?

We are usually encouraged to take an SFS before eating, but since this "recipe" says to eat it on an empty stomach, does that mean no SFS beforehand? Or no acacia mixed into it?

Sorry if this is not the right place to post this. But it's sort of a recipe question!

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Will's Granny Smith Juice new
      #144653 - 01/30/05 11:16 PM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

Hmm, never tried this one but maybe I should! I recently tried eating a whole apple (with skin) a couple weeks ago and was very successful, so not sure whether this will do anything for me. But since I've been very C lately, it's worth a try.

Thanks for posting about this, Augie! I haven't been making it to the main board much lately (life's been stressful), so I appreciate you posting it here.

--------------------
- Jennifer

Re: Will's Granny Smith Juice new
      #144753 - 01/31/05 07:56 AM
RachelT

Reged: 07/01/04
Loc: Minnesota

Hi Beth!

I think when Will says an empty stomach, he means completely empty of anything... like first thing in the morning. No SFS, no soluble fiber, nothing.

If you try it, let us know how it goes!

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)
If life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!

Kandee, do you know? new
      #145059 - 01/31/05 06:16 PM
Augie

That's a scary thought! It is so engrained in us to have an SFS before fruit or veggies.

If you are suppose to take this 2 or 3 times a day, I wonder how you could always have an empty tummy?

--------------------
~ Beth

Beth, Rachel is right.. new
      #145094 - 01/31/05 07:34 PM
Kandee

Reged: 05/22/03
Loc: USA, Southern California

Quote:

That's a scary thought! It is so engrained in us to have an SFS before fruit or veggies. I know it is. Flies in the face of IBS eating logic, doesn't it?

If you are suppose to take this 2 or 3 times a day, I wonder how you could always have an empty tummy?

This could very well be the one exception...believe me, the less you have on your tummy the better..for example, you could take it in the morning first thing..then wait about 30 before you eat something light...then again late afternoon, say at least 4 hrs after lunch. It's doable to do 2 times for sure...and if you wanted to do it a third time...late at night, just before bed after eating an early dinner.
But at times I've done it just once a day and the one dose started things moving. Maybe you'd like to try it just once and see what happens.

--------------------

Thanks Kandee and Rachel!-nt new
      #145106 - 01/31/05 08:10 PM
Augie

--------------------
~ Beth

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 267 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3305

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review