All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Nutritional Analysis Calculator
      #141777 - 01/24/05 06:40 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

Is there a Website I can use to do nutrition analysis calculations for any recipes I want to post on the Board?
I did do a "Search" on the Boards and didn't find a reference to one. Google will show me some, but I was hoping there is one y'all find simple and accurate.
Thanks.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Nutritional Analysis Calculator new
      #142092 - 01/24/05 04:04 PM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

Hi Sand! There are a bunch of nutritional analysis programs you can download that give you free trials. One I tried that I really liked was called the Living Cookbook. I don't remember the website but I'm sure you could search for it on Google. I didn't end up putting the money into buying it, but it was very handy!

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

#142298 - 01/25/05 06:37 AM
Stretchie

Reged: 01/25/05
Loc: Somerset, UK

Hi,

I have an Excel speadsheet that calculates your daily calorific intake, calculates each day meal by meal and also has a reference to nutritional values of 546 foods, fresh and packaged. If you want copy, give me your email address and I will send it to you.

The best book I have read is called Complete Guide to Sports Nutrition by Anita Bean, published by A&C Black. My spreadsheet was created using her formulas. I couldn't find the book on Amazon.com but it is on Amazon.co.uk.

Hope this helps.

--------------------
"Share your knowledge. It's a way to achieve immortality" - Dalai Lama

#142313 - 01/25/05 07:09 AM
suarez

Reged: 11/19/04
Loc: ILLINOIS

I would like to see the spread sheet.

email debbie.suarez@agedwards.com

Re: Nutritional Analysis Calculator-Rachel new
      #142316 - 01/25/05 07:13 AM
Sand

Rachel,

Thanks for the offer - your spreadsheet sounds awesome. Unfortunately, I have a Macintosh which makes sharing stuff like that almost impossible. Unless, through some miracle, you're Mac also?

Thanks for the book name - I'll make a note of it.

Also, more generally, I'd like to say thanks in general to you - and everyone - being so helpful. This is a great Website and a great Board. It's so nice to know I'm not in this by myself.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Re: Nutritional Analysis Calculator-Kree new
      #142319 - 01/25/05 07:18 AM
Sand

Kree,

Thanks and I found it - but it's Windows and I'm Mac. I didn't think about that before I asked for a calculator. I imagine I'm going to have to dig around a bit to find one for my kind of computer.

I'd also like to say it's good to "meet" you. I haven't been posting for long, but I started checking out the Website in the Summer and have gotten a lot of recipes off it and many of my favorites were yours: Quick Sticky Buns, Greek Chicken Lemon Soup, Mark's Lo Fat Pancakes, and - my very favorite recipe - Crockpot Chicken Stew. Thanks so much for all the great food - it made getting into the IBS Diet much easier and tastier.

--------------------

Re: Nutritional Analysis Calculator-Kree new
      #142620 - 01/25/05 02:48 PM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

Aww, that's too bad that didn't work out for you. I never think about Windows vs. Mac either. I don't even remember how I found it... I think I just fished around on Google. I hope you find something that works for you!

Sand, I'm so happy to hear that you've been enjoying my recipes! That makes me feel good. I know when I first started the diet a lot of the recipes here were lifesavers for me, too! I'm just glad I could help.

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

#142654 - 01/25/05 04:09 PM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

Rachel- I'd be interested in this as well...

Amieritchie at comcast.net

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

#142800 - 01/26/05 06:24 AM
Stretchie

Reged: 01/25/05
Loc: Somerset, UK

I can save the spreasheet as a CSV (MAC) format but I have to save one worksheet at a time. Is this any help to you?

--------------------
"Share your knowledge. It's a way to achieve immortality" - Dalai Lama

#142850 - 01/26/05 08:10 AM
Sand

If I was absolutely certain I'd use it, I'd say "please do so", but I really don't want you to do that much work for something I might not use. (Sometimes my intentions run ahead of my implementation.)

Let me look around for something for Mac and if I can't find anything, I might come back to you.

Thanks, though, for being willing to go out of your way for me.

--------------------

#171664 - 04/19/05 10:01 PM
BrianW

Reged: 03/10/05
Loc: Hamilton, Ontario, Canada.

Quote:

Hi,

I have an Excel speadsheet that calculates your daily calorific intake, calculates each day meal by meal and also has a reference to nutritional values of 546 foods, fresh and packaged. If you want copy, give me your email address and I will send it to you.

The best book I have read is called Complete Guide to Sports Nutrition by Anita Bean, published by A&C Black. My spreadsheet was created using her formulas. I couldn't find the book on Amazon.com but it is on Amazon.co.uk.

Hope this helps.

I would love to check that out..... briwhitt@hotmail.com please

--------------------
helpforibs is my saviour from IBS-C....all hail Heather Van Vorous!!!!

#172558 - 04/22/05 07:22 AM
retrograde

Reged: 04/15/04

I have a mac too If you're using system X sharing excel docs should be no problem, provided that you have MS Office.

Otherwise you can use nutritiondata.com (web page) which will let you create recipes by adding all the ingredients and then will do all the nutrition anaysis for ya. Click on 'pantry' at the top of the page and add in all the ingredients you need then create your recipe by adding in the amounts. It takes a bit of time but it gives you tonnns of info about the recipe at the end of it.

#172953 - 04/23/05 11:54 AM
uwponine

Reged: 03/19/05
Loc: Wisconsin

I'd love to see it!
UW_Ponine@hotmail.com

Thanks!

--------------------
IBS-C with major bloat!
Gluten Free Vegan

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 237 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4399

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review