All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Nutritional Analysis Calculator
      #141777 - 01/24/05 06:40 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

Is there a Website I can use to do nutrition analysis calculations for any recipes I want to post on the Board?
I did do a "Search" on the Boards and didn't find a reference to one. Google will show me some, but I was hoping there is one y'all find simple and accurate.
Thanks.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Nutritional Analysis Calculator new
      #142092 - 01/24/05 04:04 PM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

Hi Sand! There are a bunch of nutritional analysis programs you can download that give you free trials. One I tried that I really liked was called the Living Cookbook. I don't remember the website but I'm sure you could search for it on Google. I didn't end up putting the money into buying it, but it was very handy!

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

#142298 - 01/25/05 06:37 AM
Stretchie

Reged: 01/25/05
Loc: Somerset, UK

Hi,

I have an Excel speadsheet that calculates your daily calorific intake, calculates each day meal by meal and also has a reference to nutritional values of 546 foods, fresh and packaged. If you want copy, give me your email address and I will send it to you.

The best book I have read is called Complete Guide to Sports Nutrition by Anita Bean, published by A&C Black. My spreadsheet was created using her formulas. I couldn't find the book on Amazon.com but it is on Amazon.co.uk.

Hope this helps.

--------------------
"Share your knowledge. It's a way to achieve immortality" - Dalai Lama

#142313 - 01/25/05 07:09 AM
suarez

Reged: 11/19/04
Loc: ILLINOIS

I would like to see the spread sheet.

email debbie.suarez@agedwards.com

Re: Nutritional Analysis Calculator-Rachel new
      #142316 - 01/25/05 07:13 AM
Sand

Rachel,

Thanks for the offer - your spreadsheet sounds awesome. Unfortunately, I have a Macintosh which makes sharing stuff like that almost impossible. Unless, through some miracle, you're Mac also?

Thanks for the book name - I'll make a note of it.

Also, more generally, I'd like to say thanks in general to you - and everyone - being so helpful. This is a great Website and a great Board. It's so nice to know I'm not in this by myself.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Re: Nutritional Analysis Calculator-Kree new
      #142319 - 01/25/05 07:18 AM
Sand

Kree,

Thanks and I found it - but it's Windows and I'm Mac. I didn't think about that before I asked for a calculator. I imagine I'm going to have to dig around a bit to find one for my kind of computer.

I'd also like to say it's good to "meet" you. I haven't been posting for long, but I started checking out the Website in the Summer and have gotten a lot of recipes off it and many of my favorites were yours: Quick Sticky Buns, Greek Chicken Lemon Soup, Mark's Lo Fat Pancakes, and - my very favorite recipe - Crockpot Chicken Stew. Thanks so much for all the great food - it made getting into the IBS Diet much easier and tastier.

--------------------

Re: Nutritional Analysis Calculator-Kree new
      #142620 - 01/25/05 02:48 PM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

Aww, that's too bad that didn't work out for you. I never think about Windows vs. Mac either. I don't even remember how I found it... I think I just fished around on Google. I hope you find something that works for you!

Sand, I'm so happy to hear that you've been enjoying my recipes! That makes me feel good. I know when I first started the diet a lot of the recipes here were lifesavers for me, too! I'm just glad I could help.

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

#142654 - 01/25/05 04:09 PM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

Rachel- I'd be interested in this as well...

Amieritchie at comcast.net

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

#142800 - 01/26/05 06:24 AM
Stretchie

Reged: 01/25/05
Loc: Somerset, UK

I can save the spreasheet as a CSV (MAC) format but I have to save one worksheet at a time. Is this any help to you?

--------------------
"Share your knowledge. It's a way to achieve immortality" - Dalai Lama

#142850 - 01/26/05 08:10 AM
Sand

If I was absolutely certain I'd use it, I'd say "please do so", but I really don't want you to do that much work for something I might not use. (Sometimes my intentions run ahead of my implementation.)

Let me look around for something for Mac and if I can't find anything, I might come back to you.

Thanks, though, for being willing to go out of your way for me.

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 149 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4399

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review