All Boards >> IBS Recipes

View all threads Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Bamboo steamer
      #137724 - 01/12/05 01:40 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

Does anyone know how to use one? How do you get the steamer to sit in the wok? I wasn't supposed to keep those metal racks that came with the wok was I? I threw them out long ago.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Bamboo steamer new
      #137734 - 01/12/05 01:54 PM
RachelT

Reged: 07/01/04

I think you did need those. Well, I don't know how to fix the situation with the bamboo steamer, but I can tell you that Black & Decker makes a great steamer... web page

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)
If life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!

#137740 - 01/12/05 02:00 PM
Little Minnie

Oh that sucks! I wanted to use my new steamer at my party but then I was wondering how it sits above the water. I will look at the store for racks.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

maybe this will help... new
      #137752 - 01/12/05 02:10 PM
RachelT

web page

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)

Dangit new
      #137758 - 01/12/05 02:15 PM
Little Minnie

I never thought I would need that round steamer thing. It was so annoying in the cupboard. I am going to the outlet mall to buy extra plates (as my dream celadon square Chinese plates are too expensive ) and I will look for a rack. I think I am stressing about this meal too much but this jerk who is a huge fan of Alton Brown and generally a real Frasier Crane but without any good qualities, is coming to our dinner party. I won't let him think he is the only person that knows how to cook. I have been watching cooking shows since I was a kid. I think I better wind down now! Thanks Rachel for your help!

--------------------

No problem!!! - nt new
      #137761 - 01/12/05 02:17 PM
RachelT

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)

Re: Dangit new
      #137971 - 01/13/05 07:38 AM
lovejoy_22

Reged: 02/21/03
Loc: Henderson, NC

My steamer didn't come with a rack. I just sit it in the wok in the water. It seems to work fine as long as you don't let the water burn out. I did that one night and almost caught it on fire.

It was too funny. But I haven't done it since.

--------------------
lovejoy_22

#138246 - 01/14/05 04:54 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

My MIL is filipino and she uses these all the time. Try fitting it over a pot, or she has a round metal bowl so it just sits on the sides easily.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 370 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2494

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review