All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
Festive Chocolate Holiday Pretzels (Made These As Christmas Gifts - My Picture Included)
      #131558 - 12/18/04 06:26 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

I ran out of the pretzel rods that I made so I needed more to fill a few more gifts. So I made these as gifts only and may not be safe for those of us with IBS... but you could probably handle a small taste test! I only used Hershey's chocolate kisses not the Hugs just cuz I had so many of them that I bought on sale.

Festive Chocolate Holiday Pretzels

3 (10 ounces) bags checkerboard or windowpane shaped pretzels
1 (17.6 ounces) bag holiday M&Ms plain chocolate candies (red & green)
3 (13 ounces) bags Hershey's Hugs chocolates
3 (13 ounces) bags Hershey's chocolate kisses

1. Preheat oven to 170 degrees.
2. Open the bags of pretzels and remove all the unbroken pretzels.
3. Place them on waxed paper-lined cookie sheets in a single layer.
4. Unwrap Hugs, place one on each pretzel, repeat for an entire cookie sheet.
5. DO ONLY ONE TYPE OF CANDY PER SHEET, as the Hugs melt much quicker than the Kisses.
6. Repeat using the Hershey Kisses.
7. Place cookie sheet/s in the preheated oven, bake for 4 MINUTES FOR THE SHEET OF pretzels and HUGS, 5-6 minutes for the pretzels and Kisses.
8. Immediately upon removing from the oven, place one M-n-M on top of each pretzel/chocolate, and press gently.
9. Place cookie sheet in freezer for 8-10 minutes, to allow chocolate to re-set.

web page

Cool thing is you can use this for every holiday since Hershey has kisses & m&m's for EVERY holiday....LOL

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Wow! You're the Queen of holiday goodies! These look beautiful, and best of all easy!-nt- new
      #131579 - 12/18/04 09:43 PM
Kandee

Reged: 05/22/03
Loc: USA, Southern California

--------------------

Re: Wow! You're the Queen of holiday goodies! new
      #131607 - 12/19/04 07:31 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Wow! You're the Queen of holiday goodies! These look beautiful, and best of all easy!

Yes, these were the easiest yet....that is what I told Shane....NOW I'm finding all the easy ones!! LOL

I need to make some more but now I'm out of M&M's so I think I'll get Christmas colored ones that are mint and peanut butter....those would be good combos.....

UUUUmmmm.....salty pretzel, chocolate, & peanut butter....YUM.... guess I'll have to taste test that one for sure...hehehe

--------------------

#131641 - 12/19/04 03:24 PM
StephS

Reged: 09/11/03

Too funny! I made these lastnight! I found this recipe in the family fun magazine last month! I think they're great! And really easy too!

It was kinda funny to come on here and see these..I thougt, how did my candies get on this web page??

--------------------

#131665 - 12/19/04 07:18 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Too funny! I made these lastnight! I found this recipe in the family fun magazine last month! I think they're great! And really easy too!

It was kinda funny to come on here and see these..I thougt, how did my candies get on this web page??

Yes, I saw that on the post where I saw this frist that she had seen it in family fun magazine ... that is funny you made them too....SO EASY!! FYI They look great in a tin w/fudge as a gift too....

--------------------

Sugar Free Holiday Pretzels (Made These As Christmas Gifts - My Picture Included) new
      #132257 - 12/21/04 10:29 PM
Shell Marr

Sugar Free Holiday Pretzels
For the diabetic you need to give special treats to.

THESE ARE NOT IBS SAFE!

They are not as pretty but they will work!! I used the same pretzels as the above recipe....but I what I did for the chocolate was to take a 3.3oz bag of Hershey's Sugar Free Chocolate Candy and cut each one into 4. Then instead of M&M's I used Russell Stover Tidbits Candy Coated Milk Chocolate Sugar Free (I picked out all the red & green ones...hehehe)

--------------------

Sugar Scrub - not edible but also a great gift! new
      #132292 - 12/22/04 05:37 AM

Unregistered

Shell you are just like me - I love to make presents for everyone I know. It generally doesn't cost as much (unless I get carried away buying all sorts for things to make it) and I think it means so much more!

But for my friends this year I made a Vanilla-Spice Brown Sugar Scrub for your hands. It's like a salt scrub where you take a little bit and rub it on your skin and it exfoliates and then you rinse it off and your skin/hands are really smooth and nice, but the sugar ones are a little less abrasive. It was a big big hit - though you have to make sure people read the label first and don't try to eat it!

Re: Sugar Scrub - Brittany, please send this recipe, I want to try it! -nt- new
      #133059 - 12/26/04 10:19 PM
gigi

Reged: 03/21/04
Loc: South Texas

Here it is! new
      #133077 - 12/27/04 05:08 AM

Unregistered

Brown Sugar Scrub

2 cups brown sugar
1 cup light vegetable oil
1/2 tsp. vitamin E
e.o.'s (that's essential oils like lavendar, orange, etc.)

Then you just mix it all together and put it in a jar. Very simple!

Mine ended being a vanilla spice scent because at our health food store they had this body oil with vitamin E in it already and came in either a vanilla-spice of lavendar scent. If you can't find something like that it's not necessary to have a scent but health food stores sell all the little viles of the scented oils and I think for this recipe about 10 drops might be good but that's up to you.

Good luck and let me know how it turns out!

Oooh, thanks Brittany! new
      #133091 - 12/27/04 06:46 AM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

I was hoping you'd post the recipe after mentioning how yummy it smelled. I will definitely have to try this!

--------------------
- Jennifer

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 453 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5864

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review