All Boards >> IBS Recipes

View all threads Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Carob powder - lots of questions
      #13126 - 07/03/03 07:15 PM
Corinne

Reged: 05/19/03
Loc: Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

Can I use it just like cocoa powder? I have been having a few more attacks than usual and it's usually after I've been eating chocolate. *sigh* And I was wondering if I could use carob powder in my recipes and if it is better for IBS than cocoa powder. I am hoping it's not the chocolate but that's about the only thing I have been doing "wrong". Ok and not enough sleep. But that's been true for some time now. Is there caffeine in carob powder?

--------------------
If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Carob powder - lots of questions new
      #13130 - 07/03/03 08:31 PM
Karin

Reged: 02/11/03
Loc: Southern California

Corinne: I happen to use Carob powder because I felt cocoa powder was a trigger for me also. I use it all the time, but at a lower measurement. For hot chocolate the Hershey container states to use 2-3 teaspoons of cocoa, I use about 1/2 teaspoon of carob powder. Experiment with the amounts and you'll get used to the carob taste, I didn't like it in the beginning, but it grows on you especially if you cut down on the amount.

Re: Carob powder - lots of questions new
      #13188 - 07/05/03 01:53 PM
Corinne

Thanks, Karin. I'm going to try brownies with it. I'll try reducing the amount as you suggest. It's a real bummer that chocolate seems to be a trigger for me. It was one of my only comfort foods left. Oh well. It seems that I'll have to find a new favorite dessert!

--------------------

Carob Brownies new
      #13467 - 07/08/03 09:30 AM
Corinne

I made them and they were great! I'd forgotten how much I like the taste of carob. It's not as good as chocolate but hey. I used almond flavour in the icing and it was so yummy. My daughter (4) didn't like them but that's ok. I can make her regular ones. I just substituted the same amount of carob powder for the cocoa. Next I'm going to try fudge!

--------------------

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 194 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1993

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review