All Boards >> IBS Recipes

View all threads Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
lemon-asparagus pasta
      #13043 - 07/02/03 06:31 PM
Leah

Reged: 06/18/03
Loc: Denver, CO.

I tried this recipe from the Heather's new book, the First Year IBS and it was fabulous! She mentions trying other variations like peas and other vegetables in place of the asparagus. Has anyone found another variation that they love?
leah

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: lemon-asparagus pasta new
      #13069 - 07/03/03 04:07 AM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

Me too! I just tried this for the first time the other day. I'm thinking of trying the artichokes next...I love artichokes, and they always taste great with lemon.

#13070 - 07/03/03 04:14 AM
jenz

Reged: 05/09/03
Loc: Uk

hey i also tried this the other day too and it was yummy!!! think i need a enw blender though but apart from that top marks lol :O) what shall i try next

#13146 - 07/04/03 09:29 AM
Leah

I am glad others have tried it and love it too! I might try it with peas. Artichokes sound good too. Any other ideas? Let me know how the artichoke version turns out!
Leah

Re: artichoke spinoff new
      #13527 - 07/08/03 04:42 PM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

OK - I actually got kinda creative and attempted to come up with my own thing inspired by the asparagus and lemon pasta.

While my pasta was cooking, in a blender I mixed a drained can of artichoke hearts, 1 clove of garlic, juice from 1/2 lemon, 1 T olive oil, 1/4 cup soy parm, salt & pepper, a dash of cayenne, and a small ladleful of water I stole from the cooking pasta.

After draining the pasta, I put the sauce in the pot I cooked the pasta in to kinda heat it up, then just dumped the pasta in with the sauce.

I think it was a smidgen too lemony, but not so bad that I didn't like it. I'll just use a little less next time.

Re: artichoke spinoff new
      #13671 - 07/09/03 07:48 PM
Leah

Sounds yummy! Tonight, I tried the same recipe as the lemon-asparagus pasta, but I made it with frozen peas. It was wonderfully yummy!! Just wanted to let ya know.
Leah

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 163 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1899

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review