All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
Safe Chocolate
      #127969 - 12/06/04 05:28 AM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

I hear you guys say dairy free chocolate chips!! I love Banna Bread and I used to put Chocolate chips in it!! I miss this!! I can't find any that don't have milk!!!! What brand are you buying???

--------------------
Heather7476

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Safe Chocolate new
      #127976 - 12/06/04 06:00 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

HEather- look for Kosher Pareve chips.. I wind up at the stores that carry kosher items looking for them.. elite is one brand, but there are others... I'll double check agian but last I looked it was only Hillers locally tht had them, but I havne't checked whole foods for them either.. just Meijers, Kroger and Trader Joes... I haven't bought any yet post diagnosis either because I have a wonderful source of dairy free chocolate from a friend who is a candy-maker... She makes me dark chocolate dipped dairy free pretzels at 5$/24 6" rods... yummy and no mess.. or I go to the local candy place that keeps their dark chocolate seperated fromt heir milk completely and get the real stuff!

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

#128024 - 12/06/04 08:47 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I've looked everywhere and haven't been able to find any either, not even in the health food stores... but what I did find was vegan carob chips. Not quite the same thing, but close enough for me! Those were sold in bulk at the HFS.

#128043 - 12/06/04 09:42 AM
BJake66

Reged: 10/17/04
Loc: PA

I found Tropical Source - semi-sweet chips - 100% dairy free. I found it at the health store - just got my bag out..says it is made in Israel. I bought the last two bags there..it was the first time I had come across the 100% dairy free - figured I'd better get them why the gett'in was good - lol.

--------------------
Lisa

IBS-C, pain predominant

Bittersweet Chocolate chips that have the word Parev on it. new
      #128090 - 12/06/04 12:21 PM
Casper

Reged: 10/16/04
Loc: Memphis, TN

Parev is a kosher symbol that means no milk. If your Super market has a Kosher section there's a good chance you'll find parev chips there. But I've found them in the regular baking isle as well.

#128955 - 12/08/04 05:58 PM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

I use the generic Food Club brand chocolate chips and they're dairy-free. Nestles and Hersheys have milk products, but try looking at the store brands!

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

#128958 - 12/08/04 06:27 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

So you guys are telling me we can eat chocolate chips if they do not have dairy in them? Why didn't I know that? I thought chocolate was taboo.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Nothing to do with chocolate chips but..... new
      #128970 - 12/08/04 07:21 PM
doubletrouble

Reged: 11/14/04
Loc: Canberra, Australia

I've been sneaking Kakao dark chocolate and choc orange. It's still solid chocolate but completely dairy free (and of course I only have one square at most once a day). Just couldn't give up chocolate completely. Lucky dark chocolates my favourite!

--------------------
Amy

That is a LARGE cat!! Wow! n.t. new
      #128974 - 12/08/04 07:45 PM
Lefty1

Reged: 08/09/04

Re: That is a LARGE cat!! Wow! n.t. new
      #129209 - 12/09/04 11:47 AM
Amy1973

Reged: 09/17/04
Loc: Mesa,AZ

I buy the wal mart brand of semi sweet chocolate chips.. They're made with chocolate liquor.

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 174 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2994

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review