All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
about Pumkin Pie
      #124819 - 11/23/04 07:11 AM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

I was wondering if anyone that has made Heather's easy pumpkin pie had problems blending all the ingrediants in the blender? My blender will not do it. I think it is too thick. Can it be just mixed by hand or is there a better way. I am going to be making one tomorrow and would like to not have a big mess in my blender again. Thanks!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: about Pumkin Pie new
      #124872 - 11/23/04 10:37 AM
FEMBETH

Reged: 09/20/04

I am not sure if we used the same recipe but mine said I could use the blender or mix with wisk. I used the wisk for fear the blender would be to messy. I had trouble with my pie pan I used a left over aunt martha pie pan and had the same trouble the last time I made a pumpkin pie it took 2 and 1/2 hrs to cook. It turned out really good after it was finally done.

Re: about Pumpkin Pie new
      #124888 - 11/23/04 11:22 AM
KellyAndersson

Reged: 03/24/04
Loc: N.California

I use my blender; it's an OLD Oster blender with 2 speeds!

Haven't seen the recipe you're talking about, but what I do is put the eggs and half the milk (I use flavored non-dairy creamer) in the blender first, and with it running, add spices and then spoonfuls of the pumpkin, more creamer as it gets thicker. It is actually pretty thick when it's all in there, but if you put the liquids in first and keep it going while you spoon in the punkin then it works fine. A whisk just doesn't get it smooth enough for me. A food processor works great, too.

#124893 - 11/23/04 11:31 AM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

I didn't have that problem with Heather's pumpkin pie, but I've had that happen with other recipes and I just put them in a large bowl and used a hand mixer instead.

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

#124906 - 11/23/04 11:59 AM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

thanks everyone!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 261 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1694

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review