Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
attn heather. individual foods questions
      #12263 - 06/21/03 11:13 PM
queenie

Reged: 04/04/03
Loc: Texas, USA

heather.. or whomever can help,

i have some questions about individual foods i can't seem to find the ansers for in the books. i'll post them in a list before and please let em know if they are good, bad, or if used in moderation

lemon in water

jelly on toast/bagel

pirates booty (made of puffed rice and corn) fruity booty is the same but lacks the cheese or any other snack seen at http://www.robscape.com/acb/showprod.cfm?&DID=27&CATID=1&ObjectGroup_ID=8 all are yummy and tings are vegan and taste exactly like cheetos

soft pretzels

blueberry muffins

olives

how much tabouli is ok?

store bought angel food cakes (only see mixes referenced)

how much cranberry juice (finally found one w/o corn syrup tonight)

gelatto

pickles (dill)

should potatoes have skin or be skinless

baked ruffles

atrichokes

how should peaches be eaten

cherries (fresh or marschino)

any store white breads like the new sara lee

that's all i can think of for now. thanks for everything. i'm trying to "start over" and see what favorites i can still have.

amy

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: attn heather. individual foods questions new
      #12265 - 06/21/03 11:16 PM
queenie

Reged: 04/04/03
Loc: Texas, USA

sorry i forgot

ketchup

snow cones.. i think they should be ok except i remember warnings about cold temperatured items.. but then again soy ice cream is still ok.

thanks again!
amy

#12266 - 06/22/03 06:11 AM
suzyq

Reged: 05/22/03
Loc: Northern Ont. Canada

hi Queenie; I can handle most of these foods. Some cannot. Depends on the individual. Check the fat content on these items. Blueberry muffins?store bought or homemade? Jelly should be fine.Potatoes without skin,unless you can tolerate it. Good luck.

#12270 - 06/22/03 07:15 AM
TessLouise

Reged: 01/21/03
Loc: Nashville, TN

lemon in water--fine unless acidic foods are a trigger for you
jelly on toast/bagel--fine--make sure the jam/jelly is seedless and does not contain high-fructose corn syrup
I don't know about Pirate's Booty, sorry
soft pretzels--fine
blueberry muffins--homemade are fine, but store-bought are almost guaranteed to be high in fat and will probably contain dairy as well
olives--use as a flavoring ingredient, not a snack, as they are high in fat, though it is good-quality fat
tabouli--fine but I wouldn't eat a huge quantity all at once if you might react to the tomatoes or parsley
angel food cake--store-bought should be fine, though the mixes taste a heck of a lot better
cranberry juice--try to buy Northland or Ocean Spray 100% juice (because they *definitely* won't have high-fructose corn syrup), and don't drink more than a small glass at a time if you're prone to D
gelatto = ice cream with a custard base (cream and eggs)--definitely NOT safe
dill pickles--fine
potatoes should be skinless unless you're very stable, and even then, eat the inside first and then some of the skin
Baked Ruffles--fine; so are Baked Tostitos
artichokes--canned are fine; marinated in oil are high in fat (try the recipe for homemade that I just posted, if you need marinated ones for a recipe); fresh should be fine, but I don't know for sure
peaches--peel them and cook them, or at least peel them, or eat canned peaches that are not packed in high-fructose corn syrup
cherries--fine if cooked; I don't know about maraschino, I suspect they contain high-fructose corn syrup and I know they contain red dye!
store white bread--fine if it does NOT contain any dairy (look for the words milk, casein, whey, etc.) or high-fructose corn syrup
ketchup--look for one without high-fructose corn syrup (like the Heinz Organic, or try the health-food store)
sno-cones--now that, I haven't got a clue about
Hope this helps!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 237 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1963

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review