All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Maggi Sauce - Heather
      #11674 - 06/14/03 09:58 AM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

Heather - you were not kidding about this maggi sauce being addicting. I can't stop! I've been living off of steamed veggies & rice with maggi sauce for the past few says. My mouth waters every time I think of it. You've created a maggi monster! Thanks for the recommendation!

To everyone else, you have got to try this stuff! It is so good!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Maggi Sauce - Heather new
      #11678 - 06/14/03 10:54 AM
BarbBT

Reged: 04/05/03
Loc: Chicago suburb, IL

OK Mags...so now you've got my mouth watering..and I can't find the recipe!

I looked in your recipe index, and also did a search for Maggi Sauce. Nothing!

Can you give me the link or tell me the recipe?

Thanks,
Barb

#11679 - 06/14/03 11:09 AM
*Melissa*

Sorry about that! It's even better...it's in a bottle. No mixing necessary! Here's the web page .

Heather recommended this to me when I couldn't find mushroom soy sauce for the shrimp fried rice in Eating for IBS. Plus, I think chemegurrl mentioned it before also. It's so yummy! I just had some more for lunch with my rice & veggies. I quit putting it away, and now it's on my kitchen table with the salt & pepper shakers...I'm so pathetic! LOL

#11683 - 06/14/03 11:47 AM
BarbBT

Thanks for the info on the Maggi Sauce. Good news that I don't even have to make it!

I did a search, and it's sold at several stores in my area. Can't wait to try it!

Thanks,
Barb

#11699 - 06/14/03 05:31 PM
*Melissa*

My pleasure! After you try it, you'll have to let me know if you've become a maggi monster too!

#11702 - 06/14/03 06:23 PM
steather

Reged: 01/29/03
Loc: Phoenix, AZ

Hahaha, that happened to me too after I first tried Maggi! Its sooooo addicting. Especially on rice. And a dash of Maggi is also good on sandwiches, mmmmmmm. It adds that nice touch of salty good flavor. Its also a good condiment on scrambled eggs, believe it or not. Its a universally good ingredient! hehe.

My bf almost accepted a job offer from Nestle, and they are the makers of Maggi -- I wonder if there would have been any perks? hehe. Seriously, though, its good stuff So glad you gave it a try Mags!

--------------------
Heather

"Quod me Nutrit me Destruit"

#11703 - 06/14/03 06:32 PM
*Melissa*

I thought you were the one that said it was good on scrambled eggs! What I usually do is steam veggies in the microwave, usually yellow squash and/or zuccini with some lemon juice, then add my cooked rice & top with Maggi. I think it goes well with the lemon flavor, although I like it without also.

What kind of sandwiches do you have it on?

#11707 - 06/14/03 07:32 PM
steather

Reged: 01/29/03
Loc: Phoenix, AZ

It tastes good on turkey sandwiches... I suppose it would go well with plain cheese or any lunchmeat type of sandwich, though I usually only make turkey for myself. For a quick sandwich for my bf, I'll spread mayo (or equivalent) on two pieces of bread, couple slices of turkey, a sprinkle of pepper, and a couple dashes of Maggi. Thats it, he likes it just like that (of course he prefers ham, but when i'm using the lunch meat, it's turkey ). Its pretty good too, though I like all the extra fixins (cheese, tomato, etc...)

Let me know if you come up with any other uses for it!

--------------------
Heather

"Quod me Nutrit me Destruit"

Re: Maggi Sauce -Found it! new
      #11711 - 06/14/03 08:29 PM
BarbBT

Hi,
I found the Maggi sauce in the grocery store today. (I had to ask 3 people and finally the manager knew where it was! It's in such a tiny little bottle, I never would have found it.)

I can't wait to try it! I'll let ya know what I think...
Barb

#11724 - 06/15/03 09:44 AM
*Melissa*

I definitely have to try that the next time I buy some turkey. That's the only kind I eat also.

I saw they have recipes on their website, but I haven't really checked them out yet. If I try any, I'll let you know. If you want to check them out, they're at web page

Re: Maggi Sauce -Found it! new
      #11725 - 06/15/03 09:47 AM
*Melissa*

Glad you found it! I had trouble finding it myself. After looking around for it, I found the website and saw they sold it at my grocery store! So, I printed it out and took it with me. My problem was I kept looking with the soy sauces. It was in a different aisle with the barbecue sauces.

#14064 - 07/15/03 09:53 AM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

Mags,
You really like this stuff ? I tried it last night and seriously I did not like the taste. Am I weird or what? If I could I would send the bottle to you Maybe I can find someone who might enjoy it as much as you.

#14092 - 07/15/03 02:19 PM
*Melissa*

Yeah, I love it on rice with squash that's been steamed in lemon juice. How did you have it?

Too bad you didn't like it, but that means more for me! And chemegurrl!

#14104 - 07/15/03 04:06 PM
torbetta

I had it on rice last night. I am glad you like it though.

#14135 - 07/15/03 06:59 PM
*Melissa*

I'm sorry you didn't like it. I feel bad for being a bad influence or something. Maybe if you can't find anyone to give it to, and since it really probably isn't worth the shipping cost to send it to me , you can use it in the Thai-Fried Rice recipe (which is really, really yummy) in Eating for IBS. That's the whole reason I bought it in the first place. Heather suggested using it, because I couldn't find mushroom soy sauce. Here's that past post: web page

Hope that helps you get rid of it.

#14156 - 07/16/03 12:15 AM
CarmenP

Reged: 07/15/03
Loc: Sydney, Australia

Hmmm, this sauce sounds so good. I certainly hope I can get it here in Australia. Will look for it next time Im at the shops. We can get other Maggi products here, so lets hope for the best.

#14191 - 07/16/03 09:49 AM
torbetta

I wouldn't worry about it. I just thought it was funny and thought I would share it with you. Maybe I will try it in the thia fried rice recipe. I wonder if I can convince my husband to make that tonight. It is softer right? I just had my wisdome teeth pulled a few hours ago.

#14194 - 07/16/03 09:59 AM
*Melissa*

It is soft, but I'm not sure if it's soft enough for you to have just after having wisdom teeth pulled. Then again, I've never had wisdom teeth pulled, so I don't know. It has shrimp, and I think that is the firmest thing in there. Basically, it's the same "hardness" as shrimp fried rice from a Chinese place. And, if you do use the maggi, just make sure you use less than what the recipe calls for like Heather said in that old post, because it's stronger.

How did it go with the teeth pull anyway? I remember a while back you were trying to figure out which way to go with it. Hope you're feeling okay.

#14195 - 07/16/03 10:03 AM
*Melissa*

Good luck.....hope you end up liking it if you do find it! Try this: web page I'm not sure if it's just US or will work for Australia.

#14196 - 07/16/03 10:05 AM
torbetta

Maybe I will wait till tomorrw. I am typing holding ice packs on both sides of my face. It is nice to have my hubby home though. I guess it went good. I went with the general instead of the local. Sleep sounded so much better.

#14310 - 07/17/03 05:23 PM
CarmenP

Reged: 07/15/03
Loc: Sydney, Australia

Thanks for the link. It is only for US. I tried in one of our big supermarkets yesterday but didnt have it. Not giving up though!!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 247 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 8913

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review