All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Safe hot chocolate...
      #116022 - 10/26/04 01:12 PM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

add sugar and cocoa (and vanilla sugar or cinnamon to taste) to hot rice/soy milk (vanilla works) and stir to taste... I use really high quality ingredients, and make it just like mom used to when we were kids with regular milka dn it amazingly enough tastes about the same..

I will measure portions next time I do it- I normally just add until it feels right for the moment...

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Safe hot chocolate... new
      #116035 - 10/26/04 01:37 PM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

Actually, the proportions are right on the Hershey's cocoa can! You just use soy/rice milk in place of the milk. I used to do that all the time until I discovered Girardelli's. Yum!

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

Re: Safe hot chocolate... new
      #116057 - 10/26/04 02:32 PM
AmandaPanda, J.D.

Reged: 04/26/04
Loc: New York, New York

I've been doing it too, with vanilla soy or rice milk, plus whatever is called for on the Hershey's can. A fun variation is a couple drops of Peppermint extract in there too. Mmmmmm.

--------------------
Amanda

I live in the Big Apple, but I don't eat the skin

Oh Yeah.............Girardelli's is the best!! new
      #116059 - 10/26/04 02:48 PM
Kandee

Reged: 05/22/03
Loc: USA, Southern California

Quote:

Actually, the proportions are right on the Hershey's cocoa can! You just use soy/rice milk in place of the milk. I used to do that all the time until I discovered Girardelli's. Yum! Oh me too. I can't seem to be without it. I mix it with hot rice or almond milk or just hot water. There are different flavors of their hot cocoa mix but I still favor the double chocolate!!! Kree, you and I think alike girl!!

--------------------

Great minds think alike! new
      #116096 - 10/26/04 04:54 PM
Kree

Ohhh yeah. Now that the weather's getting colder I've been drinking either that or chai almost every day. Sometimes if I'm feeling adventurous I even throw a shot of some maple liquour I bought in Canada into my cocoa. Shh, don't tell!

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

That's the truth.. new
      #116118 - 10/26/04 05:41 PM
Kandee

Reged: 05/22/03
Loc: USA, Southern California

Quote:

Ohhh yeah. Now that the weather's getting colder I've been drinking either that or chai almost every day. Sometimes if I'm feeling adventurous I even throw a shot of some maple liqueur I bought in Canada into my cocoa. Shh, don't tell!

A upstanding member of the community, school teacher and all that? Drinking alcoholic spirits? Shame!! But oh, maple liqueur? That sounds so good. Makes me hungry for those pure maple sugar candies shaped like a maple leaf. Tell me though, just for future reference mind you, what might this maple liqueur be called? LOL

BTW, just took your gingerbread out of the oven..the smell is wafting throughout the house..........I can't stand it..must go have a piece even before it cools....come on over to have some...but bring that bottle from Canada with you, OK?

--------------------

You ladies are too funny....thnx for the recipes! n-t new
      #116156 - 10/26/04 08:39 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: That's the truth.. new
      #116493 - 10/27/04 05:41 PM
Kree

Lol! Kandee, I meant not to tell Heather, considering that I'm cheating on the diet and all. Forget being an upstanding member of the community!

Ooh, I love those maple sugar candies. Those are pure heaven. As for the liqueur, it's called "Oh Canada Maple Liqueur". I got it at a duty free store if you ever get to any of those! I also bought some maple chocolate, also called Oh Canada. Boy is that good too...

I hope you're enjoying the Gingerbread! I have to make that again soon!! Until then... I'm on my way!

--------------------

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 72 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2440

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review