All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | >> (show all)
Re: Not to late for me new
      #29203 - 11/26/03 06:22 PM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

Actually, I used to have one that makes cinamon men ornaments. They weren't edible. I think were just cinnamon & applesauce? I can't remember. Do you think they'd like to do them? You use the craft glue to decorate them, and we used them to make ornaments and gift tags. They smell really good!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Not to late for me new
      #29211 - 11/26/03 06:41 PM
*Melissa*

I found these online. I'm pretty sure they are the same ones I made. Although, I don't remember adding glue to the actual recipe. We used gingerbread man shaped cookie cutters to make little men, then decorated them with the raised craft glue (the face, buttons, etc). My mom and I originally got it out of a craft book, and you were supposed to attach the little men to a wreath. But, like I said, we just made tree ornaments & gift tags with them. We made them the same year Chris and I had our first Christmas together, and I made a heart ornament and decorated it saying "Our first Chrismiss!" Corny - I know. LOL My little sister gave us that nickname when we first started dating. My nickname (one of a gazillion that I have) is Missy, and of course Chris, so she came up with Chrismiss. That was back when she was only 5. Isn't she too cute?

Anyway, maybe the girls will have fun making these, then you won't have to worry about eating them!

Cinnamon Ornaments

Gingerbread Cookies new
      #29240 - 11/27/03 05:17 AM
*Melissa*

Would these work?

Gingerbread Cookies

1 c. canned pumpkin
1 c. brown sugar
1 c. blackstrap molasses
3/4 c. rice milk
1 T. cider vinegar
1/2 t. salt
1 fake egg

stir these ingredients together (much easier than the equivalent 'butter/creaming step in the original recipe) until there are no lumps of brown sugar remaining.

add to 3 c. flour in a separate bowl and mix well
4 t. baking soda
2 t. cinnamon
2 t. ginger
1/2 t. cloves
1/2 t. allspice
1/2 t. nutmeg

Add flour mixture to wet ingredients and stir until mixed, then add 2 more cups of flour and keep stirring, just until flour is absorbed. Flour lumps are not desirable, but you don't want to over-stir either.

Chill in refrigerator for a few hours. Roll out 1/4 inch thick and cut cookies as desired. Bake at 350 until firm (touch a cookie with your finger, if you can make a print, it's not done) but do not brown or overcook.

Re: Gingerbread Cookies new
      #29312 - 11/28/03 09:39 AM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

Thanks you. If we have a chance this weekend maybe we will make these and the ornaments. The girls will be so excited.

Re: Might not be enough flour new
      #30052 - 12/04/03 02:31 PM
torbetta

Maddie and I made these and the sugar cookie cut-outs today. We are planning on baking them tomorrow. The gingerbread cookies are very sticky and they have been in the fridge for 3 hours. I can't imagine rolling it out the way it is. The dough does taste good though. I let you know how it goes tomorrow. I hope we get the chance to finish doing them. I actually hate rolling and cutting out cookies but Maddie loves them. She did so well with her reading lesson today I promised we would make them.

this looks good -- a little bit of fat usually helps cookies new
      #30073 - 12/04/03 04:14 PM
Shanna

Reged: 11/15/03
Loc: Atlanta, GA, USA

--------------------
"The most wasted of all days is one without laughter." -- e e cummings

Re: It helps if you read everything in the recipe new
      #30617 - 12/08/03 01:55 PM
torbetta

After reading through the recipe again, I realized I missed the part about adding 2 cups more flour. That is why you need to read the whole directions from begining to end. The added ingredients in a paragraphs always throw me off.

The cookies are not too bad. I think I went a little to light on the spices.

Re: Thanks new
      #71594 - 05/19/04 08:44 AM
abby82

Reged: 03/08/04
Loc: Nevada

Thank you for all your help Kree - on the cookies and the pumpkin bread! I figured I would have to give up on my cookie recipe but I thought I'd better give it one last chance! =( Ill try the recipe you reccomended - Im sure its Tons better than suffering over the other one! Thanks again!

You're welcome, Abby. I hope it works out for you! -nt- new
      #71636 - 05/19/04 10:47 AM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

Re: I made them, too poofy, did I do something wrong? new
      #295223 - 01/03/07 08:38 PM
K2

Reged: 01/29/06
Loc: Canada

They tasted great, but they were really airy and poofy. I'm used to sugar cookies being very dense. The recipe says to just drop the dough on a pan, but has anyone tried rolling out the dough and cutting them?

Thanks,

--------------------
Kat

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 374 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 54679

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review