All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Pudding
      #111368 - 10/08/04 10:20 AM
FEMBETH

Reged: 09/20/04

Does anyone know if Soy "Vanilla" will work for instant puddings? I know with soy you have to shake it before using. I thought maybe the water or something would collect at the top of the pudding. I am going to try it in a few days unless someone has already tried it. Thanks fembeth

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Pudding new
      #111369 - 10/08/04 10:35 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I've heard mixed reviews. I've done it and it works just fine, but I think I've seen other posts on here saying that the pudding wouldn't thicken.

I don't know if it'll make a difference, but I always used Westsoy plain soymilk with instant pudding (not the kind you cook), and it always worked just fine. But my disclaimer is that I haven't had it in a while, and I don't know if instant pudding is dairy-free, so definitely check the ingredients before you try it.

Good luck!

I think Silk Soymilk is supposed to not work.... (more) new
      #111371 - 10/08/04 10:38 AM
kshsmom

Reged: 11/20/03

I have used the homemade recipes on the board (& Heather's book)and my 8th continent (light) vanilla and it has come out great!

#111405 - 10/08/04 12:37 PM
shelley29

Reged: 08/25/04
Loc: Northeast, USA

I have also had negative experiences with Soymilk & instant pudding... never thickened.
But thank you, Casey, I will try the Westsoy... I actually just bought some Westsoy, thinking it would be good to have more than 1 carton of soy milk.

--------------------
-shelley
take it one day at a time.

#111416 - 10/08/04 01:04 PM
atomic rose

Hey, glad I could help! It still might be a little on the soft side, but it will definitely be something you eat with a spoon, not a straw - LOL! Good luck!

trying to make the pudding torte of Casey's new
      #111471 - 10/08/04 03:16 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

but I couldn't remember exactly and I think it was not supposed to be instant pudding. Anyway the pudding isn't thickening! I am using 8th Con. Light and a stand mixer. I guess we'll drink it- maybe mix with rice ice cream.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Aww... new
      #111478 - 10/08/04 03:28 PM
atomic rose

Dee always used the cooked kind of pudding, I think. It's a shame she and my father aren't on speaking terms anymore, or I'd have him call her and ask!

I've never tried the 8th Cont brand, but it does thicken with Westsoy and a hand whisk. I know, that's not very helpful.

I'll try again with cooked pudding. -nt new
      #111489 - 10/08/04 03:40 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Sorry it didn't work - I've always used it in cooked pudding recipes new
      #111493 - 10/08/04 03:47 PM
kshsmom

Reged: 11/20/03

and had no trouble.... did it taste good?

#111519 - 10/08/04 04:27 PM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

I use soy dream and have used it.. but you know that soy aftertaste?? you get that with the pudding a bit.. so I prefer rice milks in them.

good luck

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 345 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5669

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review