All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
aww thanks Kandee! new
      #111871 - 10/10/04 02:43 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

I can definitely do the meringues, and I have a really easy recipe for pavlova that my Mom makes that is safe and I should post (pavlova is a cake sized meringue- do you call it the same over there?)

Please post your update on the fallen souffle, I will dig out Heather's book later and check it out. I need to STOP overloading on sugar though and all your helpful suggestions are NOT helping that part...now I'd better go order my donut pan....

--------------------
S.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Pavlova? new
      #111927 - 10/10/04 06:54 PM
Kandee

Reged: 05/22/03
Loc: USA, Southern California

Quote:

I can definitely do the meringues, and I have a really easy recipe for pavlova that my Mom makes that is safe and I should post (pavlova is a cake sized meringue- do you call it the same over there?)

Oh my, I don't think so. I believe we'd call it just a meringue tort here. But then it could be any size. Anyone else have any ideas on what we'd call it?

Please post your update on the fallen souffle, I will dig out Heather's book later and check it out. I need to STOP overloading on sugar though and all your helpful suggestions are NOT helping that part...now I'd better go order my donut pan.... I'm sorry. I should dump the sugar in my diet as well, but sometimes there is just nothing else that will satisfy. As infants the taste of "sweet" is the first thing we encounter and as adults we seek that same taste every chance we get. Old habits die hard!!!

--------------------

Re: Pavlova? new
      #111966 - 10/11/04 05:09 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

I grew up on something called Shamtorte.. it was a cake sized merengue shell filled with whipped creama dn strawberries... I've been debating making one and filling it with strawberries and chocolate silk ice cream (from heathers recipe) hrm- think we know what my birthday cake will be next year! I always had shamtortes as a kid!

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 91 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 14214

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review