Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Tummy Teas - Help!
      #106774 - 09/19/04 03:20 AM
sona

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: UK

Hello

Just got my order of Heather's Peppermint Tummy Tea & Fennel (was signed by H. Van Vorous, is this Heather? Was quite excited and kept the delivery note!) and just wanted to ask how others brew this. I've used various tea balls/infusers/spoons and one of those coffee plunger pots but I still end up with tea leaves all over the kitchen! I've ordered a tea infuser and mug from Amazon…

Amazon - tea infuser & mug

… and am hoping using this will be a less messy affair.

The coffee plunger pot is easy to use, but seems to lose the full taste of the tea. The infuser/tea balls don't hold the 1 – 2 tablespoons of leaves recommended and I like it strong.

Any ideas?

Many Thanks!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Tummy Teas - Help! new
      #106782 - 09/19/04 04:41 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

our local HFS carries larger size tea balls. I have several- they hold about 4 tablespoons each... wonderful things.. I can use 2 and make a huge pot of tea adn then save it in the fridge for the rest of the day.

another option is a tea strainer.. I have one of those too- leaves go loose int eh tea in the pot, then put the strainer over your mug and pour! good luck.. I want a french press coffee pot, I figure I can let it steep good and long and then pour...

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

#106797 - 09/19/04 08:12 AM
sona

Hello

Thanks for the advice. Just realised from reading your message that I've been using my coffee pot (plunge one) wrong when making tea. I've used the plunge too quickly! Since having IBS I have given up coffee so must have forgotten how to use it. Also, feel a bit silly here, but was using the tea strainer wrong as well. Was putting the loose tea in the strainer then pouring water into the strainer over the cup - think I should be doing it the other way round - loose tea in hot water first, steep, then use strainer to pour into cup.

Feel like a of bit of a bird-brain now - hee, hee... (so much to learn about cooking....)

#106800 - 09/19/04 08:15 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Quote:

Hello

Just got my order of Heather's Peppermint Tummy Tea & Fennel (was signed by H. Van Vorous, is this Heather? Yes, the one and only!! Was quite excited and kept the delivery note!) and just wanted to ask how others brew this.

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

#106805 - 09/19/04 08:48 AM
sona

Wow - Heather packs the goods too? Is there no end to this woman's talents!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 75 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2884

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review