All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
Doh new
      #270301 - 06/21/06 03:47 AM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

just saw that Casey did the same, there I was thinking I was a recipe genius for putting the two of them together!

--------------------
S.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Question about chicken used and portion reduction? new
      #276967 - 08/03/06 01:35 PM
steather

Reged: 01/29/03
Loc: Phoenix, AZ

I have a question -- Since I'll be cooking this for company, do you think it would work for other chicken pieces besides breasts? 8 breasts is alot, and I was thinking I could put in some thighs and maybe leg quarters for a variety? Anyone tried this?

Also, has anyone reduced this by half? How did it turn out?

--------------------
Heather

"Quod me Nutrit me Destruit"

Would canned peaches be okay? new
      #277042 - 08/03/06 08:23 PM
Double J

Reged: 03/09/06
Loc: High Rocky Mountains ibs-d

Hope that is not a stupid question ... but in my part of Wyoming there is no such thing as fresh peaches ... I am hoping that canned will be fine. ????

--------------------
Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, “I will try again tomorrow”. Mary Anne Radmacher

Re: Would canned peaches be okay? new
      #277143 - 08/04/06 12:07 PM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

I'm okay with them. Just be sure there isn't any HFCS in whatever juice/water is in the can with them. Dole is pretty good.

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

Thanks. - nt - new
      #277168 - 08/04/06 01:10 PM
Double J

Reged: 03/09/06
Loc: High Rocky Mountains ibs-d

--------------------
Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, “I will try again tomorrow”. Mary Anne Radmacher

I made this last night - yum! new
      #277595 - 08/08/06 07:34 AM
steather

Reged: 01/29/03
Loc: Phoenix, AZ

I tried this out last night with 4 (large) chicken breasts instead of 8, and I used plums as per the original recipe. I found this great "fancy plum spread" with no artificial flavors or preservatives. Anyways, it turned out fabulous! Everyone who had it loved it. I will definitely be making this for company in the future.

By the way, there was alot of the yummy sauce since I used the original amount, which meant more for the rice!

--------------------
Heather

"Quod me Nutrit me Destruit"

Steather new
      #278841 - 08/17/06 03:47 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

Sorry I only saw your questions now- glad that you like the recipe, it really is one of my staples for when I have people over, and I stole it from a friend who always used to cook it when I visited, and now another friend has adopted it as her own too- I need a new recipe to impress!

The plum flavour really is good but plum jam etc can be hard to get, I just love the rich flavour of the sauce.

To answer your question I think that other chicken pieces would work fine but I know that some people can't tolerate thighs for example as they are a bit fatty, personally I think that they are very tasty and they don't bother me.

--------------------
S.

Re: Baked chicken with plums (or peaches!), ginger and soy new
      #278976 - 08/18/06 04:36 PM
littlesages

Reged: 05/25/06
Loc: Florida

Man it's good with mango! First post for me - been learning for months now and my life has changed... yadayada it must sound like Heather's Help for IBS Church after reading sooo many folks who have been helped and healed.. well I am one of them.. anyway I have been making this with mango jam (appropriate given that I am in South Florida ) and it is amazing! My 10-year-old daughter asks now at meals, "Is this from the IBS website?" "Yes sweetie" "Awesome". Another convert and she doesn't even need to be... Thank you, thank you, thank you to all. This recipe of Cailin's is fantastic, Kree's are wonderful and Atomic Rose, I realize you don't know me but your recipes are so fantastic, your wryness and wit so fun that I must tell you it's a joy to "read" you!

--------------------
On the tips of ten thousand grasses
each and every dewdrop contains
the light of the moon.

#329606 - 05/10/08 03:24 PM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

I made this a couple of nights ago and it is delicious. I used Apricot Preserves instead of the Plum Jam and half a bag (a little over a cup) of frozen peach slices instead of the plums. Since I made it for just two people, I used 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast and I halved everything else so it made lots of sauce. I served it with just plain rice and it was great.

I made the sauce ahead of time and put it in the fridge until I was ready to make dinner. This is great because the rest of the recipe is dead easy.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

#330065 - 05/21/08 12:50 PM
Candy2

Reged: 04/09/08

This sounds wonderful! I have printed your recipe out and will make it soon.

Thanks!

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 58 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 24254

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review