All Boards >> IBS Recipes

View all threads Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
cheesecake
      #102198 - 08/28/04 12:31 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

I made the better than cheesecake last night. I think I followed the directions/ingredients exactly and now I have had it and it is inedible. My husband and his sister grossed out when trying it. What is going on? Help! I made it for a shower and now I will have nothing for dessert.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: cheesecake new
      #102204 - 08/28/04 01:14 PM
LadyL46

Reged: 08/28/04

Hi Little Minnie....I'm new to the forum...just recently found out I had IBS. Your cheesecake story made me laugh out loud!!! Been there, done that, but I've NEVER tried a new recipe for a party...always try it out on myself first. Then THROW IT OUT, and keep a sense of humor. Just like all the Atkins low-carb goodies...YUK!! I will NEVER buy anything new or expensive without a free sample! Good luck. Lori

#102418 - 08/29/04 05:11 PM
Little Minnie

Seriously I really want to know what people think of this. We thought the tofu gave it such a chemical aftertaste that it was gaggy. I was able to eat a little with berries on but no one else could stand it. It made my husband freak out. I used Morinu silken tofu- not light and followed everything exactly. Please give comments. I really was disappointed!

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

#102475 - 08/29/04 09:20 PM
AmandaPanda, J.D.

Reged: 04/26/04
Loc: New York, New York

Oh no! I almost made that last week but I don't have a springform pan. I made the chocolate cheesecake brownies (search the recipe index) instead and I thought they were very good.
As far as making a last-minute dessert now, how about Rice Krispie Treats? I know it's not exactly glamourous, and not what you had in mind, but they are yummy and easy to make, and everyone loves them. There are some IBS-safe recipes for RKTs floating around here somewhere. You can always do some easy variations too, like adding dark chocolate chunks or something. Sorry you have to deal with this.
-- Panda

--------------------
Amanda

I live in the Big Apple, but I don't eat the skin

#102717 - 08/30/04 06:21 PM
ibsfla

Reged: 06/30/04

Hi--when I need something safe and fast--I make Duncan Hines Angel Food cake--it comes out very light about 10 inches high!! I serve with berries, bananas or a mixture of fruits I can eat--and everyone loves it--It is only made with egg whites and sugar really- so most people should be able to tolerate it..good luck

Thank you new
      #102913 - 08/31/04 03:32 PM
Little Minnie

but I wasn't looking for anything to make, rather I had been waiting for an excuse to make the cheesecake that was bragged up in the book. I knew I couldn't eat it all by myself so I was waiting until other people were around.
I am going to try it again with soy cream cheese. Since it will be fattier then I will eat less but at least I won't have to throw it out. The thing I made the other day had 2.5 grams of fat per serving- a little more would be fine if it was tasty enough for others to eat.

--------------------

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 431 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1613

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review