All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Angel food cake
      #1017 - 02/17/03 10:33 PM
Shawna

Reged: 02/04/03
Loc: Middle of nowhere in the desert, Ca

Can I use any other kind of cake pan with angel food cake besides a 10 inch tube pan? I want to use a pan I already have that is multi functional. Or do I just need to bite the bullet and buy one soley for angel food cake? Any advise is much appreciated!

--------------------
SLicK

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Angel food cake new
      #1029 - 02/18/03 09:49 AM
Karin

Reged: 02/11/03
Loc: Southern California

Shawna: I don't think you can. They raise so high that you need the height of the angel food cake pan, then you need it separatable for removing. The recipe that contains one angel food cake mix and one can of pineapple, though, calls for a baking dish instead. I'm baking that today so I'll let you know.

#1050 - 02/18/03 02:13 PM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

You can use the pan for any kind of cake. It worth the investment and they aren't very much money.

#1107 - 02/19/03 07:50 PM
SharonMello

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Groveland, CA

I made the angel food cake w/pineapple and it turned out just fine putting it into two loaf pans. the back of the box suggested it. And, you have one to eat now, and the other one for the freezer. I froze the second one and took it out two weeks later for company. They loved it. I put a slice of pineapple on top with some of its own juice and some cool whip[ or whipped cream. They scarfed it up! And they probably didn';t even know it was good for them. So try the two loaf pans but when they come out of the oven,, turn them on their side on a cooling rack. Make sure they're totally cooled before running a knife around the edges so the cake releases. It's pretty fragile, so be careful when turning it over. Put the rack on top of the loaf pan and turn both at the same time. That way you don't have to handle it too much. Good Luck.
Sharon

--------------------
Sharon
"Anything Chocolate"...that is all!

#1112 - 02/19/03 09:04 PM
Karin

Reged: 02/11/03
Loc: Southern California

I made the cake today in a 9"x 13" pan. I was worried it would fall over the sides it rose so high, but it didn't. I like Sharon's idea of two loaf pans. Freezing it would also allow some nice cutting of smaller, smooth slices. The 9"x 13" just leaves flat cake pieces. It is good though, full of sugar, but good!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 113 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3848

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review