All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | >> (show all)
Nothingness day
      #99687 - 08/20/04 09:48 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Does anyone else ever just do NOTHING and then realise the day's nearly over? I went to the bank this morning, but that's ALL I have done. I've been sitting at the kitchen table in a stupor reading a book. And there is SO much to do. Crappy. My head feels like it's full of fog.

I've been bad and had a coffee (eek!) so at least now I'm moving. Don't know whether it's Fibro, or not having taken my SSRIs regularly enough recently, or coming down with something or feeling a bit depressed cos I'm not pregnant, or everything all together. Oh, and add that my house and garden still look like I've just moved in even though we've been here since MAy. It's a disaster.

Please, someone, tell me I'm not the only hopelessly lazy creature here?!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Pro-laziness post new
      #99690 - 08/20/04 10:03 AM
AstroChick

Reged: 12/30/03
Loc: Chicago, IL, USA

Linzy, why beat yourself up over what sounds like a perfectly lovely day? I know we all feel like we must justify our existence every single minute, but why? Why can't we just sit and exist every once in a while?

I'll bet that if something really needed to be done this instant, you'd do it. But housework? Girl, that stuff is neverending and doesn't really matter in the long run. Don't get me wrong - I can get into a tizzy due to clutter and dirt around the house, but is that really how I want to spend my time?

IMHO, sometimes you just have to relax and live your life. You can't housework your fibro away, after all.

--AC, terminally lazy

Re: Nothingness day new
      #99693 - 08/20/04 10:08 AM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

I have them all the time. Iwas trying to get pregnant to before all this started now I am going back on the pill till I get stable and have the rest of my test but anyway we had been trying for a year with no luck. I got pregnant with my first within three months. So I know how frustrating it can be.
I have days where I get up with every intention of geting all housework and errands done then start reading a book and before you know it your rushing to get dinner done on time.
I have lived in my new house scince Nov and still have a basement full of boxes and a gareden over grown with weeds. I figure i got the next 30 years in this house so what's the rush .
I know messing up your meds can make a differace though. Good Luck and enjoy your lazy day don't stress about it.
God Bless
Heather7476

--------------------
Heather7476

I know that feeling... new
      #99706 - 08/20/04 10:37 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I have days like that a lot. I woke up at 8, and I just looked at the clock, and it's 1:30. I somehow just blew 5 1/2 hours, but the only thing I actually DID was dishes. The rest of the time, I've been frittering around online, here and on other sites, and... well, ok, that's really about it.

Whatever the reason, don't be too hard on yourself. I've always believed that lazy days are necessary for our mental health. (Actually, I usually refer to them as 'mental health days'.) The things you "had" to do can easily wait till tomorrow. Hope you enjoyed your book!

Hey Linz new
      #99709 - 08/20/04 10:53 AM
StephS

Reged: 09/11/03

I have been feeling like that for a few weeks now. I think its because it's almost the end of summer and school is about to start. I keep on telling myself once the kids are back in school I'll have LOTS of time to clean and what not. I hope that's true!!! I've had so many days where all I can think about is the things I need to be doing and how messy or clutered things are!!! makes ya nuts!!!!

I need to get out of this house!!! Right now I'm just waiting on my stomach....it's not ready to go out and about yet....but the rest of my body is!

--------------------

#99710 - 08/20/04 10:53 AM
TommyNY

Reged: 04/29/04

Hell no hun. I am at work and I have pretty much zilch while I have been here. With the week I have had, I deserve to do nothing today at work. The most exciting thing today were the cops in fron of our building in full battle gear and M-16's in hand. Guess they were prepping for the Republican Convention in less than 2 weeks.

But, hey, its fine to do just nothing sometimes. Its good for the brain and stress level.

--------------------

Re: I know that feeling... new
      #99711 - 08/20/04 10:54 AM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

I have several bags of baby clothes I have to go through and I have no desire to start. It's so nice that people want to help out but let's face it, they are just giving me their old clutter. The baby's room isn't the neatest but it isn't horrible but once I start it will be a mess. The job is just something I don't want to do. Too bad the nesting I was experiencing last week has gone. I get very lazy when I'm overwhelmed by a project, like all the messes my kids and dh make. And then of course the normal distractions don't help. Unfortuantly for me, laziness and procrastination is a daily occurance for me.

Must be something going around new
      #99719 - 08/20/04 11:19 AM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

the beast (what I call "depression") is visiting me again.. ..i just wanna crawl in a hole....and my in-laws are coming to visit and will be here soon.....

i'm feeling so down that when i went to the eye doctor today, his assistant said something to me and i almost started crying. she saw the tears in my eyes and left the room. i know she thinks i'm nutty for crying over my stupid contacts!

i am taking my medicine, but haven't had a mood swing in a long time, but i feel it breaking thru.......

i don't want to do anything, talk to anyone, go anywhere .....

i feel like i'm drowning ..............

#99752 - 08/20/04 12:43 PM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

Linzy, sweetie, of course you're not hopelessly lazy! Don't "should" all over yourself! However, young lady, I am going to scold you about not taking your SSRI's regularly. They MUST be taken as prescribed or 1) they won't help and 2) you'll have all sorts of weird side effects like low blood pressure and feeling woozy and stuff. PLEASE promise me you'll take them exactly on schedule every single day. They're not something to f%%% around with.

Okay, done scolding! Hope you feel better and here's a {{{{{{{{{{{{{{{BIG HUG}}}}}}}}}}}}}. Remember, we are human beings not human doings! You were just being!! Good for you.

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

Re: Must be something going around new
      #99759 - 08/20/04 12:55 PM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

Beaglelover, I'm so sorry to hear the beast has you by the throat again. I haved battled depression all my life, my sister and brother and mom, too. I'm glad you're taking your medicine. Maybe it's time to adjust the dosage upwards a teensy bit. We can't have you feeling like you're drowning, we need you here too much!

Feel better, sweetie.

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2109 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 8107

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review