All Boards >> The Living Room

View all threads Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Yes!
      #99155 - 08/18/04 12:17 PM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

I am so excited! Our son is going off to college next month at an art and design school. Earlier this year, he was awarded a partial scholarship.

The admissions counselor encouraged him to resubmit another portfolio with 10-12 new photographs. Today, they called to say that the porfolio committee reviewed his 2nd porfolio and they have decided to increase the scholarship $2,500 a year.

He will have the award for 4 years---as long as he maintains a 3.0 grade point average. Hopefully, this will motivate him to keep his grades up!

Can you say YAHOO? Next year we will have 2 sons in college, so this is great news!!!! Now, maybe I can sleep at night without worrying so much about how we are going to pay for all of his expenses.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Yes! new
      #99159 - 08/18/04 12:48 PM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

Great news! Congrats!!

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

#99161 - 08/18/04 12:52 PM
Sheri01

Reged: 04/19/04
Loc: New Jersey

all-right!
your son sounds very talented, to be getting all of that scholarship money. It is nice that it takes some of the burden off of you, even with scholarships schooling gets SOOO pricy!

--------------------
-Sheri

Wonderful! Congrats to him and yay for you! -nt- new
      #99174 - 08/18/04 01:11 PM
ChristineM

Reged: 05/31/04
Loc: soCal

--------------------
Christine

Those who can do; those who want it done better teach.

YAHOO, BL !!! new
      #99194 - 08/18/04 01:52 PM
barbie

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: Texas

That's great news. Congrats to your son! I know it will really help with those college expenses.

Barbie

--------------------

#99215 - 08/18/04 02:43 PM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Hey, that absolutely WONDERFUL!!

By the way, how are the contacts working out??

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#99232 - 08/18/04 03:37 PM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

I'm getting frustrated with this process.

Last week, I could see really well in the distance, but it was a tiny bit fuzzy up close. So he changed the left contact and it improved my reading, but now I can't see very well in the distance!!!!!!!!!!

We go back and forth every week. I think this is the 4th change I've had. If we get one right, the other is compromised.

Thank goodness this doctor is patient with me! Last week, when he gave me the new contact to try, I ripped off the top of the package and the contact and the solution fell in my lap~ I was so embarrassed! What a klutz! I looked like I had wet my pants! Thank goodness it was raining outside so it wasn't that noticeable when I left the office.

I think he said he might try modified bifocal lens next time. Or maybe this is what I have now. This is confusing!

At least I don't have a headache anymore. And this type is very comfortable and easy to insert and remove.

Any suggestions, Michele?

#99363 - 08/19/04 07:04 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Well, it sounds like he is trying all of the options. Find out for sure if you have tried the bifocal contacts, if not, try that! Otherwise, there isn't too much more that can be done. With monovision, there usually is a little bit of a trade off, either in distance or near vision. It may be better for you in bifocal contacts. Very few people can see 100% of the time, both near and far with monovision. I know you like to sit and read for long periods of time so I can understand how frustrating it is.

I'm glad the new doctor is being patient! don't worry about spilling the contact, that happens all the time! Those little packets they come in can be a pain to open sometimes! I'm glad they are comfortable for you. I'm afraid I don't have too much more to offer in advice, sounds like you have a good doctor who is trying everything possible!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#99626 - 08/20/04 06:20 AM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03
Loc: Maryland

This is wonderful news. I have a daughter in college so I know how draining it can be financially.

--------------------
Janey

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 5046 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2189

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review