Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
zombie catherine saying hi
      #98811 - 08/17/04 02:30 AM
CathUK

Reged: 05/25/04
Loc: Cambridge, UK

So hi then!!

I hope you are all well, that it's a nice sunny day, your stomachs are behaving themselves and those who have bought or are buying new homes are enjoying themselves.

All is fine here, although the side efects from my new tablets have just kicked in - just the usual d and nausea as well as feeling completely zonked out - well us IBSers are used to that kind of stuff aren't we so I'm not too bothered!!

Anyway I've got loads of projects on the go - a huge tapestry, a quilt for my partners niece called everyday angels and I'm knitting a blanket for the new dog we are getting in a couple of months with some funky chunky wool. I'm SO bad at knitting that I could only knit something for a dog - it won't notice the holes!! Casey - are you supposed to keep all the stiches on the needle in a line or does it matter if they spiral around the needle? Maybe it's the chunky wool but I can't get this and the tension right - but it's fun which is what counts!

I went to look at cats and dogs at the pound the other day and they are all GORGEOUS. If anyone could recommend any dog breeds I'd be really grateful, but I'm sure we are just going to fall in love with a scruffy mongrel that has a twinkle in its eye!

Anyway, have a good day and stay well.

Catherine

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: zombie catherine saying hi new
      #98813 - 08/17/04 02:40 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Hey there fellow Britisher! Ohmigod, I've just realised that I talking like a loony! Thank you drugs.

What kind of thing do you like/dislike in dogs? Big or small? Do you mind shedding hair (the dog's that is!)? Do you want to have to exercise it a lot or not?

My ideal dog is a Welsh Terrier. I've only just found out about them (met one last week). They're like small Airedales. They have tightly curling hair that doesn't shed much, they have cute quiet barks and they're small enough to pick up under one arm. Plus, they're really friendly and so cute. Atm, my family's Springer Spaniel is barking at me because he's bored, dratted dog. I do NOT recommend getting a Springer unless you'll be exercising them all day.

I seem to know quite a bit about dogs, so ask any questions you like!

Re: Fellow Britisher! new
      #98814 - 08/17/04 02:50 AM
CathUK

Reged: 05/25/04
Loc: Cambridge, UK

Hi,

Someone in the same time zone at last! I like medium sized dogs like black retrievers. Basically I dont want one that smells, drools or barks too much (as the new neighbours would not like this). I love walking and live by a river so it doesn't matter if it needs plenty of exercise - within reason!!

I don't particulary like small yappy dogs. My ideal is a greyhound - but none of the ones at the pound were OK to be homed with cats.

I think I saw a Welsh terrier the other day and I was very impressed - but they are just a bit small for me. I want something that looks like it could protect me if we went for a walk together - even if it is the biggest softy in the world and would just lick the mugger!!

I understand about the drugs. I have got bruises all over my legs because I keep bumping into things. However today its quite nice as, although I've got the side effects, I also feel quite 'chilled man'! I feel absolutely no qualms about lying in the sun all day and perhaps watching a decent film ... a big change for me as previously I've needed at least five hours exercise a day just to relax a bit!

On the whole I like these anti-depressants - especially as I can eat a bit more food. I keep having cravings for barbeque pringles, which is odd as all potatoe has made me really ill for the last year, but they don't seem to be doing me too much harm. Also soya ice cream is better - if you get the chance try the new Toffuti mango and passion fruit flavour, it's delicious.

Thanks for all the advice - I'm getting really excited about this, I just need to get a date for moving house now!

Catherine

#98836 - 08/17/04 08:25 AM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

Hi, Catherine!! Great to hear from you. You sound good. Can't help you on either knitting or dogs. My stitches always spiraled around the needle too! And I've never had a dog, just cats. Oh, well!

It is in fact a nice sunny day here today, and I'm well and my tummy is behaving. Going to the museum with a friend later. She's an animal rescuerer and she'd tell you to go for the scruffy mongrel with the twinkle in its eye!!!

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

#98837 - 08/17/04 08:26 AM
LauraSue

Hi, Linz!! How's your fibro? Mine is actually a bit better recently. Hallelujah!!

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

LauraSue new
      #98838 - 08/17/04 08:31 AM
Linz

Not too bad...pretty darn good in fact. Giving up that London job was the best thing I could have done. Have a flare last week (after 2 days working in a draught - doh!) but it went away after 2 days and that's all it's been for ages.

How are the migraines? I've only had a few this summer (touch wood, cross fingers, etc).

Re: LauraSue new
      #98857 - 08/17/04 09:03 AM
LauraSue

Linz, that's good news on the fibro front. My migraines are currently holding steady at about 1-2 a week, which is manageable for me. If I get sick of it, my doc will increase the preventive another notch.

Thanks for asking!

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

#98860 - 08/17/04 09:06 AM
Linz

I forget...did you ever try Imigran? Not a preventative, but still pretty cool.

#98916 - 08/17/04 01:38 PM
LauraSue

That's EXACTLY what I take when I get one. It's called Imitrex here but it's the same thing, sumatriptan. The triptans are amazingly effective. If they'd had them when I was growing up, I might have had a fully functioning mother, rather than being in bed all the time, bless her heart. She still calls them sinus headaches rather than migraines because she can't admit that's what they might be.

I tried a different one first, but apparently it's like keys and locks. Everyone's brain has one of six or seven different locks and each of the different triptans is a key that fits only that lock. There's no way to tell which key you need so you just have to keep trying until one works. I was lucky. The second one did the trick. It's amazing!

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 205 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 7368

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review