All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
scared
      #96850 - 08/09/04 02:28 PM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

Hello. I am new here. I have not been dignosed yet but am pretty sure Ibs is what I have. Four years ago I had my Gallbladder removed and right after started having D after most meals, I learned to cope and it realy never bothered much. In the last month all that has changed. I have been having constipation with bloating, gas(that i feel ican't expel) mild cramping, nausea and just all over yucky. I have pretty much stop eating and have become depressed. I have been to the doctor and was told to increase my fiber and i would be fine. I go back tommrow. I have started taking benefiber but is only day three. I have a three year old and am very scared that i am not going to able to take care of her or do the things i have always dreamed of with her. I am so misserable and uncomfortable. I have not been able to stop crying all day. I had to live with a cronic dissoreder for 5 years before that was very painfull but after having my daughter it has never returned(it had nothing to do with bowels). I know what it is like to lose your normal life. I don't want that again. I just don't how to calm myself down. My husband is a huge support and comfort. I could just use some from people who are having the same prob.
Thank you
heather7476

--------------------
Heather7476

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: scared new
      #96856 - 08/09/04 03:21 PM
mul132

Reged: 08/04/04
Loc: Pennsylvania

I know what its like being scared and frustrated and just wanting to have a normal life. I have a number of chronic illnesses that have made it hard for me to get through school. I also suffer from depression, and being put on zoloft has really seemed to help. Hang in there. Remind yourself of the good things you have going for you, like your daughter, and try not to focus on the bad. Remember you're not the only one with these problems and that we are all here for you.

Meg

#96859 - 08/09/04 03:35 PM
heather7476

Thank you so much for response. I does help knowing your not alone I just wish I could stop bursting into tears. I just love my family so much and feel like such a burden on them (they have not made feel this way all self inflicted)
Thank you again
Heather7476

--------------------
Heather7476

#96951 - 08/09/04 07:01 PM
leslierf

Reged: 10/11/03
Loc: Tucson, Arizona

This can be a very scary thing to go through, but you are not alone. Read all of the info on this site and then just start asking questions. The people here are very helpful.
You do need to get some tests done to rule out any thing else. In the meantime, keep up the fiber and follow the other suggestions, for your symptoms, on this site.
Welcome, and don't get too down, you are not alone here.
Leslie

#96955 - 08/09/04 07:10 PM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

Oh Heather you don't know how many times I cried over having IBS. It can make you depressed. After all these years though I have adapted to my lifestyle and hardly ever get upset anymore. I've just come to realization that I have this disease, and can only manage it the best I can. You can not let it rule your life which it tries to do.

I think the worse thing to do is hide it. Simply tell people you can't eat this or do that because of your stomach. You'll be surprised how many people understand. YOur family most of all will learn to adapt to your hurting belly too! When my kids can't find me they simply say "oh mommy's in the bathroom again". I usually spend some mornings before getting them off to school on the potty.

Try not to stress over it. Hang in there and keep reading all the posts. They help SO much knowing everyone else has the same issues.

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

#97071 - 08/10/04 08:06 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

I know this can be a scary thing to deal with but it can be managed and you are not alone!

I see you are from Michigan, where at exactly? I live in Royal Oak, its a nothern suburb of Detroit.

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#97072 - 08/10/04 08:07 AM
RachelT

Reged: 07/01/04
Loc: Minnesota

How long have you been in Royal Oak??? My family lived there for a number of years...back in the 50's!

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)
If life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!

Re: Becky new
      #97076 - 08/10/04 08:14 AM
michele

I moved down here about 6 years ago. The house we bought though was built in 1922! Do you still have any family in this area?

--------------------

Re: Becky new
      #97080 - 08/10/04 08:24 AM
RachelT

Reged: 07/01/04
Loc: Minnesota

No, actually. They're all here, in MN. My family talks about Royal Oak all the time though!! All happy memories...I think!

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)
If life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!

#97089 - 08/10/04 08:36 AM
heather7476

Hello
Thanks for words of support. I live in Lincoln Park Just south of detroit. Down river area. at least I know I am not the only one in the state.HAHA
God Bless
Heather

--------------------
Heather7476

#97144 - 08/10/04 11:51 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

Ladies- I'm in Ann Arbor, seem to be a a bunch of us michiganders here...

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

#97146 - 08/10/04 12:00 PM
michele

My brother in law lives in Ann Arbor! I love their art fair!

--------------------

#97202 - 08/10/04 01:40 PM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

we do have an amazing art fair- didn't get to see enough of it this year- had to work a booth there for a few hours, but had other responsibilities later in the day....

Amie

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Ann Arbor Rocks!! new
      #97206 - 08/10/04 01:43 PM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

I went to school in Ann Arbor and my grandmother lived there when we were growing up. If I ever move back to the Midwest, A2 will be the place.

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 246 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1184

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review