All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
"Sniff Sniff" - I'm a terrible mommy!!
      #96200 - 08/06/04 09:39 PM
RachelT

Reged: 07/01/04
Loc: Minnesota

What a horrible night!! My little girl kitty tried running quick behind the furnace, and in an effort to keep her from doing that so she wouldn't get hurt, I grabbed a hold of her tail and pulled her out. (It was the only thing I had to grab!) Well, her little leg got caught on the metal pan underneath, and lacerated her poor little thigh! (sniff sniff ) "Poor wittow honey"!! We had to take her to the emergency vet, she had to have a shot of Lidocaine and then instead of stitching her up, they were able to glue it. Now she has to wear one of those collars that's in the shape of a cone, and she's completely humiliated!!! Not only that, but I have to force medicine down her throat twice a day.
To make her feel somewhat better though, I gave her some canned food when we got home, and gave her the medicine and hubby is gonna sleep with her tonight. Oh, I feel soooooo bad. I wish I wouldn't of grabbed on to her, and just let her explore. Well, at least she'll be ok!

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)
If life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: "Sniff Sniff" - I'm a terrible mommy!! new
      #96207 - 08/06/04 10:39 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

NO YOUR NOT!! You were just trying to protect her.....you did not know that would happen. She will be good as new before ya know it. Take care and don't be too hard on yourself.....

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Thanks Shell, but... new
      #96214 - 08/07/04 06:06 AM
RachelT

to make matters worse, I went up to check on her when I was done posting, and she had taken off the collar and unglues her wound. Now this morning I have to take her to her regular vet so they can stitch her up. Grrr!!!

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)

Re: Thanks Shell, but... new
      #96234 - 08/07/04 08:37 AM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

Oh, goodness, if it's not one thing it's your mother! Quit beating up on yourself okay? You were trying to protect her and you're not omniscient so you couldn't possibly have known she'd get hurt. Think how much worse she might have gotten hurt (or stuck!) if you hadn't saved her.

And what a little minx she was to get that cone off. You know what they say, dogs have masters, cats have staff!!

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

Re: Becky, Becky, Becky, Honey ....... new
      #96243 - 08/07/04 10:14 AM
gigi

Reged: 03/21/04
Loc: South Texas

We are not perfect and we do have accidents, and that is what happened to the sweet little kitty. It was an accident, those of us who own animals have these expensive little mishaps, she's ok, and she will forgive you.

Little stinker, you would know a cat would get that collar off !!

Re: Becky, Becky, Becky, Honey ....... new
      #96250 - 08/07/04 10:44 AM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

Becky, I know how you feel. I felt so bad getting my little kitty declawed and fixed. Animals are resilient little creatures. She'll be fine in a few days. She'll act like nothing has happened and then you'll feel better too!
Hugs....

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

Re: "Sniff Sniff" - I'm a terrible mommy!! new
      #96255 - 08/07/04 11:21 AM
barbie

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: Texas

Hi Becky,

Don't be so hard on yourself. You never would have hurt little kitty intentionally. Things like that just happen...it was an accident!

Just give kitty a lot of extra hugs and treats and she will be fine in no time.

Barbie

--------------------

Thanks everyone for your wondrful support. new
      #96259 - 08/07/04 12:02 PM
RachelT

I took Miss Annabelle in to her vet at 9:30 this morning. She was stitched up, unfortunately though she had a low grade fever. So now we've got her on an anti-inflammatory which will help the fever as well as the swelling on her thigh. She was also bleeding again this morning, and it got all over me in the car. (By the way, our vet lives 1 hour away, so it was an interesting ride...to say the least!)
Well, it's now 2:00 and I finally have all of the blood cleaned up that she deposited all over my brand new carpeting last night while we were trying to catch her. And she's also finally sleeping. (She didn't sleep once during the night...too uncomfortable I think.) So, now I can take my nap. And hopefully we'll both wake up feeling refreshed.

Thanks again everyone!

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)

Re: Thanks everyone for your wondrful support. new
      #96273 - 08/07/04 01:31 PM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

oh, goodness, that reminds me of one of my worst experiences. I was working overtime and when I got home at midnight and opened the door to the apartment, it looked like a scene from a kitty cat slasher movie! My poor furbaby had jumped up on the kitchen counter, knocked a glass off onto the floor and broke it, then jumped down and caught his hind leg on the broken glass and sliced right through his Achilles tendon. (EWW my stomach is turning over just writing about it -- I am SO squeamish). Anyway, there was blood everywhere and little bloody pawprints all over everything -- the couch, the bedspread, the rug, the floor, you name it. Thank goodness it was only a one bedroom apartment! So I load him in the cat carrier and take him in a cab to the animal hospital, they stitch him up and send us home. Got to sleep at 3am and had to get up at 6am to go to work (calling in sick was NOT an option on that job). Don't remember if I cleaned up the blood before I went to sleep. I think so. I'm pretty sure I just threw the bedspread out though!

Anyway, the furbaby klutz was fine. They weren't sure he'd be able to walk without a limp but he healed up okay. I don't think he ever jumped up on the kitchen counter again though!

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1522 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1585

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review