All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
hmm interesting chain of events...
      #95205 - 08/02/04 08:31 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

Ok.. I have a kinda scary.. although maybe not scary story to tell....

On friday night I got a call on my cell phone from work and I pressed ignore on my cell phone and let it go to voicemail. I figured they were calling to ask if I can come in and work so I forgot about it considering I was in boston (i met leonardo dicaprio by the way) working on my apartment.

Finally saturday night I got around to checking my messages and it was my manager saying.. Ashley, we need u to come in really soon. a big huge bouquet of flowers were delivered here and they are taking up the office. opps so I called my brother who stayed in VA for the weekend to go and pick them up.

meanwhile i'm racking my brain who they could be from.. I could only think vinnie.. but we haven't talked in two months so I doubted it. My brother read the card on the phone and it said

"I hope you like the flowers. Let me know if you want me to meet you at your work tuesday at 8:30pm. if not call me and let me know (his number) -hichen"

ok.. no clue who this person is.. no recolection of ever meeting this person so i'm really nervous. I dunno if this is some innocent thing or not. I guess on friday someone called asking if Ashley was working and if there was only one ashley that works where I work. My managers said they were a little concerned considering I don't know this person..

Anyways, I think i'm gonna call to at least let him know i'm not interested (considering i'm moving and just got out of a huge relationship.. oh and don't forget that I have no clue who this random person is) but i'm scared.. Hopefully this is just some innocent thing.. but it is like a $100 bouquet of flowers.. and I have no idea who they are from.

what would you do?!?

--------------------

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: hmm interesting chain of events... new
      #95207 - 08/02/04 08:37 PM
Lana_Marie

Reged: 01/31/03
Loc: Saskatchewan. Canada

Ok, first of all, how can you possible mention Leo in meerly brackets!!! WTH? I don't think you can do that...so you better dish some details on that LOL

I don't know what I would do about the flowers. If you seriously have no idea who this person would be (IE: you weren't at any bars with friends lately) I would just leave it be. I would keep the card and write down the voice mail message and the phone call he made to your company.

If he calls again and you answer it then tell him you don't know who he is and that you don't want any further contact to him. Then record (as in write down) the details from this conversation.

If this continues then I would contact the police. I pray it isn't some strange stalker situation. Maybe it's just some dude who is interested in your good looks ( )

Keep us posted!

--------------------
Lana_Marie
Proud Mommy to Bentley Taylor
Born May 12, 2004 9lbs, 3oz

EEEK! new
      #95208 - 08/02/04 08:37 PM
RachelT

Reged: 07/01/04
Loc: Minnesota

I don't have any advice for you, but if it were me, I'd be pretty freaked out. (I'm always a worry wart.) Yeah, I'd be curious, but I don't know if I'd be daring enough to call. Good luck!! Let us know what you do!

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)
If life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!

#95210 - 08/02/04 08:42 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

hahaha...

I met leo in Cambridge while I was having lunch and interviewing for a new job..

He was in town for the democratic national convention and ate right next to me at legal seafoods.

I have NO CLUE who he was with.. an older lady with blonde hair.. perhaps his mother or agent.. he looked really scruffy and if the lady I was with didn't know he was staying in the hotel I would have never even noticed it was him. BUT I'M GLAD I DID.

He is a definite hottie.

Anyways, as for the flowers, I too am sure that it is just some really nice guy.. but i'm gonna be extra careful walking alone out of the restaurant etc.

I have to make some contact with him or else he'll show up at my work at 8:30.. eeek and i don't want that. I dont' want to lead him on ya know.

but honestly no clue who he is.. i've gone out to the bars, but i haven't been drunk enough to not remember someone. I think I'd definitly remember someone with that name.. I don't even know how to pronouce it.

--------------------

Re: EEEK! new
      #95212 - 08/02/04 08:44 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

oh god.. i'm a worry wart and a wuss...

i'm trying to get my mom to call for me and pretend she's me.. can you say tragic.. haha..

--------------------

#95213 - 08/02/04 08:45 PM
Lana_Marie

Reged: 01/31/03
Loc: Saskatchewan. Canada

Yeah, I would definitely have someone walk you to your vehicle after work for the next little while, until you get this sorted out.

I would call him from your work with a witness around. You can just ask who the He!! he is.

PS - Love the Leo story...you gotta start a book girl! You may see more and more celebraties LOL

--------------------
Lana_Marie
Proud Mommy to Bentley Taylor
Born May 12, 2004 9lbs, 3oz

#95218 - 08/02/04 10:21 PM
Vicam

Reged: 02/24/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

That is a strange situation. Do you think it's at all possible that this person has got you confused for someone else? I realize it's probably unlikely, but you never know. Or could it be a friend playing a prank on you?

If not, I would just be cautious, I'm a worry-wart too and I always say better safe than sorry.

I hope you get it figured out soon
Kelly

I was stalked in college... new
      #95243 - 08/03/04 05:27 AM
####

Reged: 04/05/04

It was scary until I found out that it was some scrawny 80 lb student that thought I was cute. Annonymous is really not cool becuase it terrifies the person on the other end. I was getting calls at all hours of the night as was my roommate and this weirdo would tell her what I was wearing that day and what kind of car I drove...it was awful.

When you call this person...do the *67 where your number doesn't show on caller-id. You can't be too careful.

Hi Ashley... new
      #95266 - 08/03/04 07:09 AM
barbie

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: Texas

I'm sure this situation has got you concerned.

My advice would be to have a male friend or maybe even your brother call this guy on your behalf and ask if he possibly has the wrong Ashley or what the deal is. If it is a mistake....no harm done. If not, they could find out for you how this guy knows you and what he wants. This way you will not have any direct contact with him and know how to handle the situation from there...as far as police getting involved, etc. Also, it would let him know that you have people looking out for you.

Aren't you leaving that job? Just be sure nobody there gives out your new address and phone # to anyone.

Barbie

--------------------

Re: That's different new
      #95267 - 08/03/04 07:21 AM
JBI

Reged: 01/25/04
Loc: BC, Canada

Hi Ashley,

That certainly is pretty odd. Sending a big bouquet of flowers to an almost stranger is a bit much. I think you're handling it the right way. Be careful and take precautions, but keep in mind that it may just be a nice guy who hasn't got the courting ritual down. But still, offering to show up at your work at a certain time is freaky.

The only person I know who stalked a person was a girl and she would drive by the guys house (he lived 45 minutes away) but she was too affraid to talk to him. I'm split 50/50 on whether ot not you should call him or just ignore it. Since he knows where you work he may just show up which would be really freaky, but if you call it may make it seem like you're interested. If you do call, make sure you don't call from your own phone, use a pay phone or a friend's phone.

Isn't it odd how in movies everybody seems happy to have a secret admirer, but in really life, everybody would be weirded out.

#95271 - 08/03/04 07:48 AM
Cara4503

Reged: 03/20/04

That is weird how in movies it's great to have an admirer. I say be careful Ashley. Even if he is some nice guy who doesn't know how to ask a girl out - it's weird. He had to know that would freak you out.
Here's a story for ya - this happened 3 days ago -
I was going to Home Depot, and I had to drive my husband's truck because my car was in the shop....every time I drive that truck I get nasty guys staring at me. Well, this guy in a jeep followed me practically from my house to Home Depot (a 35 minute drive)I noticed he was behind me, but didn't realize he was following me till I got close to the store. He had gotten next to me and was waving and winking and staying right along with me, I got into the left turn lane for Home Depot, and he turned right. I thought it was over, but after he turned right he made a U-Turn and drove into the Home Depot parking lot. I was almost into the store when I saw him pull in the parking lot.
I figured I would get my stuff really fast and get out of there....and then I saw him. He followed me around the store, giving me really freaky looks. I went into the plant section to kind of hide and call my husband. He followed me in there, and he was about 6 feet away from me staring at me while I was on the phone with my husband. So I started saying really loudly, 'He's wearing a blue tank top, he's about 10, 6'5", etc'. He turned around and started going the other way. Then I asked the cashier in the plant part to walk me to my car.
Anyways, it REALLY freaked me out, and I didn't get anything I needed from the store - which I was mad about because it's not that close to my house. I hate creepy guys. Why are there such pigs out there?

Anyways, just be careful Ashley, please!
~Cara

--------------------
~Cara~

#95276 - 08/03/04 07:59 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Huh, yeah, that is weird, I never noticed that. You see something like this in a movie and think it's romantic. It happens in real life, and it creeps you the hell out.

I've actually been stalked a couple times - once by a guy, once by a woman! - it really is incredibly creepy. The day random gifts started showing up at my house, "weirded out" wasn't even the word. Ashley, I know you'll be careful and use common sense in dealing with this guy, but I'm going to say it anyway: be careful.

#95300 - 08/03/04 09:09 AM
StephS

Reged: 09/11/03

HI Ashley,

Have you meet anyone at work? Have there been any guys coming in there that talk to you a lot? I think its someone that has seen you there. Why else would they ask if two Ashleys work there. I really think its someone that has seen you there. Do you remember anyone??? Do you have to wear a name tag?

I think I would do what Barbie said......have you brother call and ask whats up.

Good luck, keep us posted!

--------------------

DO NOT CALL HIM! That just encourages them (psychos, I mean). -nt- new
      #95318 - 08/03/04 09:33 AM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

#95365 - 08/03/04 12:22 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

no name tags, and no one that has come in there alot.. hmm interesting.

--------------------

OMG.. SCARY STORY.. glad you're ok... -nt- new
      #95366 - 08/03/04 12:23 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

--------------------

ok well here's what happened new
      #95369 - 08/03/04 12:27 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Hi..

I did call.. well I had my mother call and talk to him. I had to or else he'd show up at my work.. asuming we were gonna have a date. My mom told him she was me and that I was not interested. She wanted to call so she could tell by his voice etc if we should be really worried. she left a message

Anyways, the guy called back and said that he just thought it would be a nice thing to do because he came in one night and thought I looked cute. But good luck with the future, and that i'm welcome for the flowers.

I kinda feel guilty that I overreacted, but still.. I'm gonna be careful just incase he's watching me etc. I still dunno who he is...aside from his first name. yikes.

but thanks for the advice everyone.. it is a strange situation.

--------------------

Re: ok well here's what happened new
      #95386 - 08/03/04 01:25 PM
peaches

Reged: 09/28/03
Loc: Fort Wayne, Indiana

OMG Ashley! I'm glad it was all alright. I think it's a little weird he spent so much money on a bunch of flowers for someone he doesn't know At Outback, we always have to walk out with someone as a "just in case" precaution. It's usually on Saturday nights when we close at like, 11 that we really have to enforce it strictly.

I'm glad it's all alright, Ashley!

--------------------
It comes down to the art of living on [color/red]

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2240 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1001

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review