All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
ok, strange question but I hope someone can help me.
      #95190 - 08/02/04 06:44 PM
rosiechica

Reged: 08/22/03
Loc: Wisconsin

I don't know how, but I have an ingrown eyelash, any idea how to get it out and/or prevent them?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: ok, strange question but I hope someone can help me. new
      #95195 - 08/02/04 07:35 PM
barbie

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: Texas

All I can tell you is that my grown son had one several years ago and said it was quite painful scratching his eyeball. He called the eye doc and was about to go when he finally got a magnified mirror and tweezers and pulled it out himself. I don't know whether I would recommend that procedure, though. I have no idea how to prevent this from happening but he has never had one again.

Barbie

--------------------

#95206 - 08/02/04 08:32 PM
Lana_Marie

Reged: 01/31/03
Loc: Saskatchewan. Canada

I don't know if there is any prevention for them I feel for ya though. I would suggest taking a hot hot washcloth and setting it on your eye. That seems to help take down the swelling and pain for a bit.

Also - check if your mascara or eye makeup is old. I find if my mascara is older than 3 months old it will cause me trouble with my eyes.

Hope it feels better soon

--------------------
Lana_Marie
Proud Mommy to Bentley Taylor
Born May 12, 2004 9lbs, 3oz

#95293 - 08/03/04 09:04 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

I work for an optometrist! Often, the glads around my eyelashed will get plugged up and become scratchy, very irratating!

The hot washcloth is a great idea, it will help open the pore. Be careful if you pluck it because they are prone to infection. If it stays red for more than a day or you have any discharge, see an eye doctor! You can buy lid scrubs, the brand we use is OcuScrub, they are like little pre-moistened wipes to keep your eyelids clean. The alternative is to use baby shampoo!! Its cheap and perfectly safe! Just put a little on your finger or a washcloth and gently wash you lid area, especially around the base of your lids. We have people that do it everyday so its perfectly safe!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1568 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 353

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review